WC: 2017 Team Belarus

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Is Gotovets injured or why is he not on the team?

Or Yevenko? Cleveland didn't make the AHL playoffs.
Yes, Gotovets is injured.
Yevenko is expected to join the camp to play friendly games vs France.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
April 22nd
Belarus - Sweden 1:5

1:2 - Kogalev (Linglet, Kovyrshin)

Both Kostitsyn brothers and Roman Graborenko were out of the roster for that game because the head coach wasn't satisfied with their play earlier.

S.Stas jr. left the camp yesterday.

Last edited:

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
April 30th
France - Belarus 3:1
2:1 - Graborenko (Stasenko), PP1.

Karnaukhov

Korobov - Lisovets
Graborenko - Denisov
Yevenko - Stasenko
Vorobey

A.Kostitsyn - Kovyrshin - S.Kostitsyn
Pavlovich - A.Stas - Linglet
Demkov - Kulakov - Drozd
Kogalev - Sharangovich - Stefanovich
Parfeyevets

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
May 1st
France - Belarus 1:4
0:1 - Kovyrshin (S.Kostitsyn); 0:2 - Pavlovich (A.Stas, Linglet); 0:3 - Stefanovich (Kovyrshin), PP1; 1:4 - Linglet, ENG.

Lalande

Khenkel - Shinkevich
Graborenko - Denisov
Yevenko - Stasenko
Vorobey

A.Kostitsyn - Kovyrshin - S.Kostitsyn
Linglet - A.Stas - Pavlovich
Stefanovich - Sharangovich - Kogalev
Parfeyevets - Volkov - Karaban

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Final roster

Lalande
Karnaukhov
Trus

Korobov
Lisovets
Graborenko
Denisov
Yevenko
Vorobey
Khenkel
Shinkevich

A.Kostitsyn
Kovyrshin
S.Kostitsyn
Linglet
A.Stas
Pavlovich
Stefanovich
Sharangovich
Kogalev
Volkov
Karaban
Demkov
Kulakov
Drozd

last cut are Stasenko and Parfeyevets

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
What is wrong in Belarus?

This year they had drastic records after 4 games. With 0 points and 3:18 goals ratio, it is time to say, that there is something wrong.
Last year they also had weak records. Only 2 wins in 7 games with 16:32 goals.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
Don't see what's wrong with them, they haven't played a game in which they could have expected points yet, aside from Switzerland, but still, the Swiss were clearly the favorites there.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
They have an oppposite schedule of Latvia, all the winnable games at the other end of the group tournament. That said, they indeed could have looked more coherent in these loses.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I dont expect it to get better for Belarus NT for few next years because the crisis in belarusian hockey seems to be complex.

Briefly, there is a huge gap between generations able to play at WHC level. Players like A.Kostsitsyn, Grabovski, Denisov are getting close to the end of their careers, Kalyuzhniy, Mezin, Koval retired. Now the core of the team are the players born in the end of 80’s and the first half of 90’s. They are the first product of the hockey hype in Belarus while players mentioned above were the products of post-Soviet wave. Most of them had never (or occasionly) played the elite divisions of U20 and U18 championships. While teams like Latvia and Switzerland, which were our closest rivals in mid-2000's, have been playing there for like more than 10 years in a row.

Besides, most of the NT players play in KHL’s "Dinamo-Minsk". With 6-legios limit native players almost do not have to compete for their place in the club, basically playing in checking lines all the season long. That’s why last years we have the team where every line (with some exceptions) is the fourth one.

So, now we have to wait for our 1997-2000-born players to grow up and hope they will be able to play at least at the KHL’s legio level.

Last edited:

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Well, you have great young players though. Lisovets and Kogalev have been excellent I think. Don't know why Kogalev hardly plays. He created lots of chances. Surprised he's still at 0 points. I also think that Graborenko and Khenkel have been okay.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Don't know why Kogalev hardly plays. He created lots of chances. Surprised he's still at 0 points.
I have no explaination. The whole team plays hardly. There are some versions on belarusian boards of what's going on, including a conflict between the head coach and the leading players.
Probably it's a schedule, indeed. Almost the same was a year ago with Finland, USA, Canada and Slovakia in four first games to play against. Last year they woke up in the game vs Slovakia, so fans waited them to wake up yesterday. Didn't happen :)

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
This year they had drastic records after 4 games. With 0 points and 3:18 goals ratio, it is time to say, that there is something wrong.
Last year they also had weak records. Only 2 wins in 7 games with 16:32 goals.

Wrong people in charge of hockey in general in Belarus. a president who interferes too muchas a dedicated hockey fan. There were phases in their hockey history. At first they hoped to build from within and looked at Russia too much.Tried to build a strong hockey school from a scratch, but expected too much too early. They hoped to reach a level at least close to Russia, but you can't do that in 10 or even 20 years just like that. So when they couldn't win at the Olympics in 2 years:sarcasm: they decided to blow it up and go with foreign NT coaches and foreign players. Wouldn't work out either. Now they are actually in limbo. Everybody sees that nothing works, but there is no plan. Not at all surprised with the result at the WC.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I have no explaination. The whole team plays hardly. There are some versions on belarusian boards of what's going on, including a conflict between the head coach and the leading players.
Probably it's a schedule, indeed. Almost the same was a year ago with Finland, USA, Canada and Slovakia in four first games to play against. Last year they woke up in the game vs Slovakia, so fans waited them to wake up yesterday. Didn't happen :)

I think you misunderstood. I was referring to Kogalev not playing much. He didn't even get 10mins vs Switzerland despite being one of the best players. He looked sharp all tournament long. Very impressed. You surely have some pretty good talents. Like I said, I also like Lisovets, Graborenko and Khenkel. All good young players.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
I watched the first couple of games and they looked terrible. Score could have been much worse if not for Lalande. Almost no offensive firepower, Kostitsyns both look like they are playing hung over. One instance Andrei blew the back check, guy scored on a rebound who started off behind Andrei. Andrei caught on the replay standing around - just awful effort.

The D hasnt been too bad, just overworked because the puck is constantly in the defensive zone, so of course they will eventually be exposed.

At least they got it right with the U18 and U20 programs playing in the senior leagues. It seems to have paid off this year.

What are the state of the schools and arenas over there, is there expansion? Last i heard Grabovski was over there training young guys.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I watched the first couple of games and they looked terrible. Score could have been much worse if not for Lalande. Almost no offensive firepower, Kostitsyns both look like they are playing hung over. One instance Andrei blew the back check, guy scored on a rebound who started off behind Andrei. Andrei caught on the replay standing around - just awful effort.

The D hasnt been too bad, just overworked because the puck is constantly in the defensive zone, so of course they will eventually be exposed.

At least they got it right with the U18 and U20 programs playing in the senior leagues. It seems to have paid off this year.

What are the state of the schools and arenas over there, is there expansion? Last i heard Grabovski was over there training young guys.

Agreed. Forwards are the probem. Not defense. The two way game of some forwards is really questionable.
Lalande is part of the problem though. Some nice saves but shaky overall. Lots of giveaways as well. Easy to see he's lacking confidence. Not playing much for quite a while now.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
What can we see in the near future?

Will they be relegated? How long till Belarus will be back then?

Are there any legitimate prospects?

Overall, how is the future of Belarus ice-hockey?

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk

Here is attached the list of ice hockey schools by now, ran under state hockey development program (except Piranha school which doesn't belong to the state dev program along with few private schools not listed here).
As you can see there were four hockey schools before the year 2000.
Then there was the first wave of ice halls construction when four more schools were founded in 2000.
Most of the rest schools were founded between 2005 and 2012.

Most of present NT players were the first four schools alumni as they were born in 1983-1991.
It's to be debated why the 2000-founded schools in their earlier graduations released just few players worth to play for the national team (Graborenko, Ustinenko). In my opinion it was the lack of coaching staff and management. It's not enough having ice halls to grow up players, you need to grow up coaches before.

Now some increase is seen in youth hockey. U20 promoted to the elite division twice in 2014 and 2016. U18 promoted to elite and managed to survive in relegation this year. Diversity of cities and towns represented in U-teams shows that expansion works.

Last edited:

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Here is attached the list of ice hockey schools by now, ran under state hockey development program (except Piranha school which doesn't belong to the state dev program along with few private schools not listed here).
As you can see there were four hockey schools before the year 2000.
Then there was the first wave of ice halls construction when four more schools were founded in 2000.
Most of the rest schools were founded between 2005 and 2012.

Most of present NT players were the first four schools alumni as they were born in 1983-1991.
It's to be debated why the 2000-founded schools in their earlier graduations released just few players worth to play for the national team (Graborenko, Ustinenko). In my opinion it was the lack of coaching staff and management. It's not enough having ice halls to grow up players, you need to grow up coaches before.

Now some increase is seen in youth hockey. U20 promoted to the elite division twice in 2014 and 2016. U18 promoted to elite and managed to survive in relegation this year. Diversity of cities and towns represented in U-teams shows that expansion works.

Thanks for the update. I think the U18 and U20 programs being involved in the domestic leagues also has something to do with the solid performances at the international tournaments this year. They even managed to avoid relegation without their best player. Hope Grabovski stays involved over there and get Kalyuzhny involved too.

Agreed. Forwards are the probem. Not defense. The two way game of some forwards is really questionable.
Lalande is part of the problem though. Some nice saves but shaky overall. Lots of giveaways as well. Easy to see he's lacking confidence. Not playing much for quite a while now.

Yeah your right Lalande not been so sharp

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Lalande made some great saves and he's a decent goalie. In my view, he just needs to play. He doesn't look calm enough and lacks consistency. At times he's also overcommitting or giving up juicy rebounds.
Overall, he hasn't exactly been all that bad but it can affect players if they have to play in front of a nervous, shaky goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad