Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Team Belarus friendlies:

April 7th
Latvia - Belarus 1:0

April 8th
Latvia - Belarus 0:3

0:1 - Karaban (Graborenko), 0:2 - Kogalev (Stefanovich, Parfeyevets), 0:3 - Karnaukhov

Roster:
Goalies
Mikhail Karnaukhov (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Kevin Lalande (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)

Defensemen
Ilya Shinkevich Dinamo Minsk, KHL
Kristian Khenkel (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Roman Graborenko (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Nikolai Stasenko (Severstal, KHL)
Pavel Vorobey (Yunost Minsk, Belarus Extraleague)
Roman Dostanko (Shakhter Soligorsk, Belarus Extraleague)
Kirill Chayka (Yunost Minsk, Belarus Extraleague)

Forwards
Alexander Kogalev (Yunost Minsk, Belarus Extraleague)
Maxim Parfeyevets (Yunost Minsk, Belarus Extraleague)
Mikhail Stefanovich (Neman Grodno, Belarus Extraleague)
Danila Karaban (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Yegor Sharangovich (U20, Belarus Extraleague)
Sergei Drozd (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Artyom Demkov (Shakhter Soligorsk, Belarus Extraleague)
Artyom Volkov (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Alexander Kitarov (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Dmitri Ambrozheichik (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Pavel Boyarchuk (Neman Grodno, Belarus Extraleague)
Nikita Komarov (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)

Last edited:

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Plus in team's camp for the games vs Germany (April 14th and 15th):

Goalies
Vitali Trus (Neman Grodno, Extraleague)
Alexander Osipkov (U20, Extraleague)

Defensemen
Yevgeni Lisovets (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Dmitri Korobov (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Vladimir Denisov (Traktor, KHL)

Forwards
Alexander Kulakov (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Sergei Kostitsyn (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Andrei Stepanov (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Alexander Pavlovich (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Yevgeni Kovyrshin (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Andrei Stas (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)
Andrei Kostitsyn (Sochi, KHL)
Sergei Stas Jr. (EHC Bayreuth, DEL2)

Kirill Chayka out
Alexander Kitarov out
Dmitri Ambrozheichik out
Pavel Boyarchuk out
Nikita Komarov out

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
The Belorussian goalie scored against Latvia? How did I miss that.
Actually it was the own goal by Indrasis, but Karnaukhov was the last one of Belarusians who played the puck. So he got to the summary as a scorer.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Hmm, I thought Stas Jr. gave up his citizenship 5 years ago, looks like his ambitions has fallen with his demotion to DEL2...

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Hmm, I thought Stas Jr. gave up his citizenship 5 years ago, looks like his ambitions has fallen with his demotion to DEL2...
Depends on what citizenship you mean. He had played for Belarus U18 and U20 and I guess he was not about to change the national team for Germany. But, you're right, he's got a German passport though.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
April 14th
Belarus - Germany 3:1

1:0 - Drozd (Lisovets, Kogalev), 2:1 - PP1 Kogalev (Vorobey, Kovyrshin), 3:1 - Lisovets (Stas, Pavlovich)

Goalie:
Kevin Lalande (Vitali Trus)

Defensemen:
Pavel Vorobey
Nikolai Stasenko
Ilya Shinkevich
Yevgeni Lisovets
Kristian Khenkel
Dmitri Korobov
Roman Graborenko

Forwards:
Sergei Stas Jr.
Alexander Kulakov
Sergei Drozd
Andrei Stas
Mikhail Stefanovich
Andrei Kostitsyn
Andrei Stepanov
Alexander Pavlovich
Sergei Kostitsyn
Yegor Sharangovich
Yevgeni Kovyrshin
Alexander Kogalev
Maxim Parfeyevets

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
April 15th
Belarus - Germany 1:2

1:2 - Andrei Kostitsyn (Sergei Kostitsyn)

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
Andrei Stepanov is surprisingly out due to poor defensive work and efforts.
poor defensive work? well, it's a well-known fact he sucks on the defensive end :laugh: but, for example, s.kostitsyn is even worse in this regard. stepanov was team belarus' top scorer at the last wc and og qualification while kostytsin's been nothing but a bust recently! so why not dropping syarozha off instead?

Last edited:

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
poor defensive work? well, it's a well-known fact he sucks on the defensive end :laugh: but, for example, s.kostitsyn is even worse in this regard. stepanov was team belarus' top scorer at the last wc and og qualification while kostytsin's been nothing but a bust recently! so why not dropping syarozha off instead?
Well, I don't share everyone's admiration for Stepanov. With all due respect to his courage, confidence and good attitude, he has a strange tradition to score generally in lost games. Conversely, he usually was invisible in games which the whole team was good at. Some may say it means that he fights till the end seeking for chance to comeback, and I would agree. But the problem is that I don't remember any game his efforts made his team come back and win (accepting the fact that he was perfect at the Olympic qualifyer 2016 vs Slovenia which we lost however). I don't know, probably the problem is not Stepanov but the team but it seems to me that he is kinda lighter that lights only for himself.
His main value for the team is that for the long time he had been almost the only right-handed shooter which made him a constant member of powerplay units. But now, with Kogalev, Stefanovich and Parfeyevets in roster I understand Lewis' words that he has some yonger players with better defensive skills to replace Stepanov.

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
There is a drama in belarusian sports media and forums after he posted a touching comment about being cut on his instagram.

Can you be more specific, I kinda wanna know more. :D

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Can you be more specific, I kinda wanna know more. :D
1. Stepanov posts a picture on his instagram with a comment that he got cut from the NT with hashtags like #Ilovemynationalteam #Iplayforthecountry.
2. Most fans say "die dave lewis we hate you and will never forgive you and you will see what a mistake you made but it'll be to late".
3. Two or three fans say "Wait, isn't Lewis in charge for the result? Probably he sees the players every day and knows their actual conditions. He is a triple Stanley Cup winner after all and he is likely to know what he's doing".
4. Head coach says "Stepanov? I'm not really sure, I think I'm gonna need some advice from my staff".
5. Most fans say "I knew that! it's not lewis it's woodcroft! he squeezed bailen out of dinamo and now is doing the same to stepanov! die woodcroft and you, spineless head coachie, die too".
6. Some journalists put fuel to fire and write "There is nothing I know about it but you all definitely may be sure there is a conflict between Stepanov and someone I can't name but you know what I'm talking about".
7. "Woodcroft we hate you and lewis too!"

Last edited:

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
...But now, with Kogalev, Stefanovich and Parfeyevets in roster I understand Lewis' words that he has some yonger players with better defensive skills to replace Stepanov.
those guys might be slightly better defensively but offencively they're nothing compared to stepanov. a huge downgrade to the national squad. actually, there are few forwards on this team with good defensive skills. perhaps kovyrshin and a.kostitsyn are the only names that come to my mind.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
April 21th
Belarus - Sweden 1:4

1:1 - Demkov (Kulakov, Drozd)

Lalande

Korobov - Lisovets
Khenkel - Shinkevich
Graborenko - Denisov
Vorobey - Stasenko

A.Kostitsyn - Kovyrshin - S.Kostitsyn
Pavlovich - A.Stas - Linglet
Kogalev - Sharangovich - Stefanovich
Demkov - Kulakov - Drozd

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Is Gotovets injured or why is he not on the team?

Or Yevenko? Cleveland didn't make the AHL playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad