Pre-Game Talk: 2017 Playoffs Thread

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Looks like we will make the playoffs, so let`s discuss potential opponents and other team matchups here.

285716839229ffee654b5dc90830a6d1.jpg

nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-detroit-red-wings-anaheim-ducks.jpg

qXAGHhI.png

In West, looks like the 8 teams have seperated themselves. For us, I think it`s fairly realistic to face any of the other teams, except Minnesota who are quite safe in the 2nd Central spot and far enough behind Chicago. We still can win the division and we still can fall to one of the WC spots.

Last edited:

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Looks like we will make the playoffs, so let`s discuss potential opponents and other team matchups here.

285716839229ffee654b5dc90830a6d1.jpg

nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-detroit-red-wings-anaheim-ducks.jpg

In West, looks like the 8 teams have seperated themselves. For us, I think it`s fairly realistic to face any of the other teams, except Minnesota who are quite safe in the 2nd Central spot and far enough behind Chicago. We still can win the division and we still can fall to one of the WC spots.

Jinx thread, we're so screwed now... :laugh:

Still need 7 points from 9 games to qualify.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I attempted to make a picture it is more in touch with the reality :laugh: but the meme generator is not responding now

I`ll try to finish it in Paint soon

EDIT: it wass quicker than expected to make it in Paint. I will add it to the OP:

qXAGHhI.png

Still premature. We're in when we're in and have plenty of time to discuss possible opponents then.

The playoff teams in the West are basically set. Playoffs are close enough to start talking about them, imo. But if this is over the board then mods can move it to some more appropriate thread

Last edited:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
3 wins to clinch. Even if we lose every game (which we won't) LA would have to win 6 of 9 to make the playoffs. We're pretty much a lock, I think this thread should stay open.

At this point we have a 90% chance of playing a pacific division team with a 47% chance of playing Edmonton. See the link below which gives what if scenarios down the bottom.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western/Pacific/Anaheim.html

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
6-1-1 in our last 8 games.. god I hope we are peaking at the right time.

Also, I want to play Minnesota in the playoffs. Pretty freakin bad. Especially in a game 7, is it possible for both teams to lose that game? Asking for a friend

DuckDude

Mar 16, 2017
Cant wait for Honda Center to be filled with 80 % other teams fans again. Ahhh the playoffs :D

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
Also, I want to play Minnesota in the playoffs. Pretty freakin bad. Especially in a game 7, is it possible for both teams to lose that game? Asking for a friend

In the 1st round? Highly unlikely. I can possibly see Ducks sliding down to second WC, but don't see Minnesota finishing ahead of Chicago.

In WC finals, no way!

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
In the 1st round? Highly unlikely. I can possibly see Ducks sliding down to second WC, but don't see Minnesota finishing ahead of Chicago.

In WC finals, no way!

I can see us getting out of Pac into the WC finals, mainly because the other teams are just as inconsistent and anti-clutch as we are, if not worse. It's a coin toss really, depending solely on which group can hit the sweet spot at the right time. However winning the West would be an epic overachievement, and I fear that WSH/PIT would mop the floor with us.

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
I can see us getting out of Pac into the WC finals, mainly because the other teams are just as inconsistent and anti-clutch as we are, if not worse. It's a coin toss really, depending solely on which group can hit the sweet spot at the right time. However winning the West would be an epic overachievement, and I fear that WSH/PIT would mop the floor with us.

Mostly agree about Ducks, I just don't see Minnesota doing much in PO.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
why not an Ironic "no offense, but" theme making a joke on our lack of scoring. also because people always seem so offended when we say our players are anything but trash.
("no offense but" (controversial statement about team) ("Ducks Playoffs 2017")

GIF examples could be:
("no offense, but") ("jared boll leads the league in fights") ("ducks playoffs 2017")

("no offense, but")("bieksa is automatic on breakaways")(" ducks playoffs 2017)

("no offense but") ( "kesler is an elite defensive forward")( "ducks playoffs 2017")

just spitballing- I love team themes but I really cant help at anything other than ideas so theres my pitch. If anyone comes up with anything better which im sure we will ill be happy to go along with it!

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Something to do with accountability would be good. Or being stuck in the past and not adapting coaching methods haha.

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Something to do with accountability would be good. Or being stuck in the past and not adapting coaching methods haha.

I like it... Include maybe.. "Things that worked in 2007"..

The housing market
Carlyle's coaching

Etc

Idk, just spitballing

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Bah, I still don't like that this discussion is happening, when we're not a 100% lock for the playoffs yet.

IF everything goes according to plan and the Ducks make it into the playoffs, I think this would be the year to pull off the "Make Anaheim Champ Again" theme. The 10 year anniversary was kind of a big deal this season, would be a great opportunity to include that into the hypothetical playoff avatars.

Frame 1: 2017 Cabinet of Anaheim
Frame 2: Player pic + "title" (For example: Eaves -- Beard Representative, Manson -- Secretary of Corsi Affairs or Carlyle -- Director of Accountability)
Frame 3: Make Anaheim Champ Again + 2007 playoff logo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad