Rumor: 2017 Outdoor Game in Ottawa

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
And i heard from my friends uncles brother who is friends with gary bettman that the senators will be apart of the winter classic in the year 2020

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Play against the Leafs.

And put in the heritage game guys like Alfie, Hossa, and Redden against guys like Sundin, Tucker, and Domi

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
That's a shame. The world economy will have collapsed, China will have invaded the US and zombies will be the dominant species on Earth by then.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
i thought the plan was grey cup 2017 followed by a sens outdoor game in early 2018 (keep the temporary seating up from the grey cup).

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
i thought the plan was grey cup 2017 followed by a sens outdoor game in early 2018 (keep the temporary seating up from the grey cup).

Wouldn't they hold the grey cup in November 2017 and the next month have the outdoor game?

Dec 2017 will be the NHL's 100th anniversary after all.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I thought the Leafs were gunning pretty hard for an outdoor game in 2017, being their centennial year. I know the league isn't above doling out more than one of these a year, but if they do two, I can't imagine Toronto and Ottawa both being recipients.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I thought the Leafs were gunning pretty hard for an outdoor game in 2017, being their centennial year. I know the league isn't above doling out more than one of these a year, but if they do two, I can't imagine Toronto and Ottawa both being recipients.

They are both in a game this year!

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
Seriously, not a bad idea, as long as the ice can hold all the crowd in the stands. :laugh:

You put the stands on the banks of the canal! Or, you play it on Dow's Lake, and set the stands in the mud in the fall before the canal freezes over.

I'm hoping that the QMJHL and OHL can bring back regular season inter-league games, and we can have a Hull/Ottawa game outside too!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
if the ncc coordinates with the NHL, it would be cool to have every canadian team visit ottawa in the span of a week with the finale being a sens-leafs outdoor game.

talk about tourism $$$.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
A game on the Canal would be amazing.

Correct me if I m wrong, but I believe it would be the first NHL game on natural ice.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
if the ncc coordinates with the NHL, it would be cool to have every canadian team visit ottawa in the span of a week with the finale being a sens-leafs outdoor game.

talk about tourism $$$.

The idea of every Canadian team coming sounds awsome, but of course the Sens couldn't play 6 straight games in 1 week!

Furthermore if the NCC got involved, the event would never get off the ground! :amazed:

But seriously, just having Montreal or Toronto play Ottawa, would be enough to get a lot of fans to drive/bus down. Enough to drown us out (again) :laugh:

umma gumma

Apr 8, 2005
Would be difficult to schedule a game on the canal; the weather and conditions are far to unpredictable. The canal always gets shut down for stretches at a time, and often more than once.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad