GDT: 2017 NHL Draft | Day 2 Begins | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Good pick. Project goalie in the 4th. Thought all along waiting to the 4th for a goalie was the best move.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Ian Scott. Leafs dipped into the goaltending pool. Decent.

Played a lot of games for a draft eligible goaltender. Played for one of the worst WHL teams.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hoefenmayer is a real solid pick by Arizona.

Side note, Vegas is having one hell of a draft. Going BPA at every pick and stocking up in all areas; D (Hague, Brannstrom), C (Glass, Suzuki), G (Zhukov).
I don't think Hoefenmayer is a good pick. Basically Fulton Reed. Great shot, can't skate.

NarcoPolo

Jul 16, 2012
A calm goalie with good positioning I guess is the book on him. Played on a reaaallly bad Raiders team this year so that likely affected his numbers

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Scott was seen as a late 2nd/early 3rd. Thought he was way too high there.

I always said this draft would have good guys in the 4th round. This was one of those guys. He's stuck on a terrible team but was arguably their best player. Huge goalie, and a ton of potential. Already pretty good, and a great guy to pair with Woll in the pool.

Derkatch knows him: He drafted him 9th overall in 2014 in the WHL draft. He's been highly touted for a long time. I watched him too. He's raw and needs some work, but he could be a starter or at least a very good backup down the line.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Ganske, Minulin, Safin, Strome, Thilander, Scott, Popugaev, Phillips, Manyukin are some intriguing names still on the board.
Happy with it.

Good goalie option. Not a fan of taking goalies in the top 60 so this is a calculated move. A lot of upside here and it's nice to double down after last year taking Woll. Take enough shots and you'll eventually hit on one of these guys. Perfect timeline for potential/hypothetical ETA with Andersen having about 4ish years left on his contract.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Chances that Scott would be on the board at 124 are probably 100%.

We need a big forward. This is the pick i don't, and will not like.

Caesium

Apr 13, 2006
Goalies are so hard to project that I'm okay with taking one every year or two just to see if you get lucky. I have no problem with them taking Scott with 110.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Scott's Draft Rankings

Ranked #91 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #74 by Future Considerations
Ranked #109 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #3 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Goalies)
Ranked #91 by TSN/McKenzie

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Chances that Scott would be on the board at 124 are probably 100%.

We need a big forward. This is the pick i don't, and will not like.

My sentiments are the same. I think we could have this player later in the draft. Unless of course the team has an inside on other teams that we don't know about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad