2017 MLB Offseason - Spring Training Lets Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I hate to say it cause it's an abomination but next year teams need to adopt the Brian Kenny approach of just make the WC playoff a bullpen game from the beginning. That's all these games have been anyway with the ultra quick hooks for starters (to be fair probably all deserved, though if I'm the Twins I die with Santana on the mound rather than going to Berrios and their crap pen).

They did die with Santana on the mound. He shouldn't have pitched the 2nd.

Joe was the only one that managed it like that and the Yanks won because of it. He had the quick hook ready for everyone.

All three other managers have let their pitchers go too long and it has cost them key runs.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They did die with Santana on the mound. He shouldn't have pitched the 2nd.

Joe was the only one that managed it like that and the Yanks won because of it. He had the quick hook ready for everyone.

All three other managers have let their pitchers go too long and it has cost them key runs.

I mean you can make the argument they should have pulled him sooner but it WAS still a tie game when he was out of there in the middle of the third.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Sometimes, it's hard to tell whether the Rockies pitching just sucks because of the hitter friendly and altitude of Denver.... or if their pitching just sucks, no matter where the game is played.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I bow down before Terry Francona, I thought he was getting way, way, way too cute starting Bauer (his #3 pitcher) on paper in Game 1 and holding Kluber and Carrasco back. Bauer has a one-hit shutout through six innings. No more second guessing on this one.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If the strike zone was that wide how did Sonny Gray leave with four walks? Even Andrew Miller's walked a couple.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It was only wide for Cleveland. Bauer was getting outside strike calls all night that Yanks pitching wasn't getting.

I was waiting for Joe to get tossed all night.

Yep, it was definitely noticeable. I'm not saying he was biased at all, but inconsistencies with umpires drive me nuts.

Didn't make too much of a difference in the end. Just frustrating.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Joe rightfully took responsibility for the game 2 meltdown.

I think they will extend the series tomorrow, but I don't have faith in them coming all the way back.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
CC is absolutely the right call here. He was solid in game 2, but Joe pulled him too early.

Pen is rested and ready to go too

I would have loved to have seen him keep CC in just as much as you, however I saw something where his numbers get significantly worse after he gets to about 80 pitches which is about where Girardi has yanked him all season so for that reason I'm ok with him pulling CC when he did.

Tonight if he struggles, they have plenty of fresh arms between Gray, Green, Robertson, and Chapman.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would have loved to have seen him keep CC in just as much as you, however I saw something where his numbers get significantly worse after he gets to about 80 pitches which is about where Girardi has yanked him all season so for that reason I'm ok with him pulling CC when he did.

Tonight if he struggles, they have plenty of fresh arms between Gray, Green, Robertson, and Chapman.

Also got Montgomery, Warren, and even Kanele is available.

CC just needs to hand it off to the big three in the back, but I give him the really quick yank for Gray if needed.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Also got Montgomery, Warren, and even Kanele is available.

CC just needs to hand it off to the big three in the back, but I give him the really quick yank for Gray if needed.

Yea if he shows any signs of struggle early and we aren't getting much of a lick of Kluber at the plate, Gray or Green are the first guys I go to.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
No starter who isn't named Bumgartner even goes five innings plus in one-game winner take all situations anymore, at least not in 2017 :P

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I’m still amazed by this Yankees team and what I expected from them this season compared to where they are now. The future is bright, no matter what happens tonight.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Didi is GLORIOUS.

tumblr_ogx1uaTwBD1vf6iono1_400.gif

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Seriously...talk about turning back the clock. Of course while the US Soccer team had the week's biggest choke to date, the Indians are saying hold my beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad