2017 HFNHL Entry Draft - Rounds 4-7 List Submission

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
My Draft list is in, you may begin sending in your draft lists for rounds 4-7 (although I already have some of yours).

Send to [email protected] with the heading "Team Name - Rounds 4-7 List" or something along those lines.

Deadline is Thursday, June 22 @ 3:00pm EST. This is a hard, fast deadline.

There will also be a trade freeze Wednesday night at 11:59pm EST. So if you intend on acquiring any later round picks, do so now.

Reminder RE: Eligibility Rules

NA players must be born between 1997, 1998, and January 1-September 15, 1999. European players are the same, however (in addition), players born in 1995 and 1996 are also eligible (must be playing in Europe or playing pro and their original draft year was played in Europe).

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
European players are the same, however (in addition), players born in 1995 and 1996 are also eligible (must be playing in Europe or playing pro and their original draft year was played in Europe).

So for absolute clarity:

Player X was born in June 1996 in Europe.
Right now he is playing in North America
In his original 18yo draft year (2014) he had played in Europe for the 2013/14 season.

This player would be draft eligible in the 2017 HFNHL draft under the European player rules correct?

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
So for absolute clarity:

In his original 18yo draft year (2014) he had played in Europe for the 2013/14 season.

This player would be draft eligible in the 2017 HFNHL draft under the European player rules correct?

It's my understanding, If he is a 1996 YOB, was drafted in his draft year in 2014 by an NHL team in Europe but is now playing in North America now he is eligible to be drafted.

If he is a 1996 YOB from Europe and was never drafted and played this past season in North America he falls under North American rules because (again if I understand this correctly) it's based on wherever the NHL team drafted him. If he was never drafted by an NHL team he can't be selected because that would make him eligible in HFNHL but ineligible in NHL.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
It's my understanding, If he is a 1996 YOB, was drafted in his draft year in 2014 by an NHL team in Europe but is now playing in North America now he is eligible to be drafted.

If he is a 1996 YOB from Europe and was never drafted and played this past season in North America he falls under North American rules because (again if I understand this correctly) it's based on wherever the NHL team drafted him. If he was never drafted by an NHL team he can't be selected because that would make him eligible in HFNHL but ineligible in NHL.

I don't think a player being drafted in the NHL has any bearing on eligibility for our draft.

I perceive that in Drew's example, if the player was a Euro in their draft year, and is a 1995, 1996 or 1997 born, they are draft eligible for our current draft, regardless of where they play now.

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
So for absolute clarity:

Sounds correct. Similar to how Matthew drafted Dominik Simon.

My draft list is in, you can always email me with the player Drew and I can confirm for you, or just include him in your draft list and if he happens to be ineligible, I'll skip him (like I end up skipping lots of players on people's draft lists because they're already drafted, ineligible, etc...lol).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad