Prospect Info: 2017 HF Devils Top 20 Prospect Rankings: #3

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
[table="head;width=3000]Rank|Player|POS|Draft Position|2016-17 Team(s)|Vote %|2016 Result|2015 Result
#1|Nico Hischier|C|2017 #1|Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)|---|Pavel Zacha|Pavel Zacha
#2|Michael McLeod|C|2016 #13|Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)|82.02%|Michael McLeod|Steven Santini

[/table]

Please remember to vote for who you want to add to the poll next. Most votes gets included in the next poll

List of eligible prospects
[table="head;width=150]Prospect
Michael Kapla
Yaroslav Dyblenko
Ken Appleby
Colby Sissons
Fabian Zetterlund
Reilly Walsh
Nikita Popugayev
Gilles Senn
Marian Studenic
Aarne Talvitie
Jocktain Chainey
Yegor Zaitsev
Matthew Hellickson
Brandon Gignac
Mikhail Maltsev
Evan Cormier
Jesper Bratt
Jeremy Davies
Colton White
Brett Seney
Josh Jacobs
J.D. Dudek
Brandon Baddock
Ryan Kujawinski
[/table]

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Santini, add Walsh

Can't wait for the list to be finished so I can look back and compare it to years prior. What an influx of talent our prospect pool has seen.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
these polls aren't really going to be close until #5.

Q will win the next one in a landslide. #5 will be a little more interesting.. Wood? Speers? Blackwood? Maybe Boqvist?

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
these polls aren't really going to be close until #5.

Q will win the next one in a landslide. #5 will be a little more interesting.. Wood? Speers? Blackwood? Maybe Boqvist?

i wouldn't trade Boqvist for Bastian/Speers/Blackwood so I'd pick him there. he did well this season at 165 pounds in mainly mens leagues, when he puts on weight it'll be even better. Not to say he's definitely going to better than those guys but rather he's the one I'd put my bet on to make it.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
i wouldn't trade Boqvist for Bastian/Speers/Blackwood so I'd pick him there. he did well this season at 165 pounds in mainly mens leagues, when he puts on weight it'll be even better. Not to say he's definitely going to better than those guys but rather he's the one I'd put my bet on to make it.

Really comes down to what you see these polls as and there's no right answer.

Do you vote for highest potential? closest to NHL ready? best player currently?

Some of that factors into likely everyone's vote so it really depends which you value more... especially when it comes to non-bluechip prospects.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Santini, add Walsh

Can't wait for the list to be finished so I can look back and compare it to years prior. What an influx of talent our prospect pool has seen.

I'm comparing the list as we go in the table. Including both the 2015 and 2016 polls that were done on here.

Knowing the lists, once we hit 9/10 the disparity of then versus now will be huge.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Really comes down to what you see these polls as and there's no right answer.

Do you vote for highest potential? closest to NHL ready? best player currently?

Some of that factors into likely everyone's vote so it really depends which you value more... especially when it comes to non-bluechip prospects.

I was thinking along the same line as your post here. Really I've been voting on a combination of the questions you've asked. Once we get past the first 5 or so it's going to be a question of potential years from now since most of those guys won't play in the NHL in the next few years.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013

Yea, I'm planning on voting Boqvist high, purely on upside. These polls come down to personal preference.

Quick question, I've seen Boqvist listed at 178-179 now. Is that a combine measurement or just a mistake do you think? If he's really that heavy now, adding another 15 or so shouldn't be too difficult and at 195 I think he'd be able to handle the NHL and potentially be a real offensive force.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yea, I'm planning on voting Boqvist high, purely on upside. These polls come down to personal preference.

Quick question, I've seen Boqvist listed at 178-179 now. Is that a combine measurement or just a mistake do you think? If he's really that heavy now, adding another 15 or so shouldn't be too difficult and at 195 I think he'd be able to handle the NHL and potentially be a real offensive force.
165 at combine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad