Prospect Info: 2017 HF Devils Top 20 Prospect Rankings: #2

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's that time of year again. :yo:

Using Hockey's future criteria to determine who is or isn't a prospect:

Under 65 games: Zacha (70 games) and Blandisi (68 games) no longer eligible
Under 24 years old: Coleman (25), Pietila (24), Thomson (24) and Lappin (24) no longer eligible

Also I skipped the first poll, because I have a feeling that one will be very unanimous.

[table="head;width=3000]Rank|Player|POS|Draft Position|2016-17 Team(s)|Vote %|2016 Result|2015 Result
#1|Nico Hischier|C|2017 #1|Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)|---|Pavel Zacha|Pavel Zacha

[/table]

Please remember to vote for who you want to add to the poll next. Most votes gets included in the next poll

List of eligible prospects
[table="head;width=150]Prospect
Michael Kapla
Yaroslav Dyblenko
Ken Appleby
Colby Sissons
Jesper Boqvist
Fabian Zetterlund
Reilly Walsh
Nikita Popugayev
Gilles Senn
Marian Studenic
Aarne Talvitie
Jocktain Chainey
Yegor Zaitsev
Matthew Hellickson
Brandon Gignac
Mikhail Maltsev
Evan Cormier
Jesper Bratt
Jeremy Davies
Colton White
Brett Seney
Josh Jacobs
J.D. Dudek
Brandon Baddock
Ryan Kujawinski
[/table]

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
This was actually harder than I thought. Santini, McLeod or Quennville were who I considered. With Santini still being prospect eligible for this last year and already showing us what he can do at the NHL level I decided to vote him here. I think McLeod could be dynamite and way above Santini in a few years but time will tell. I see Santini as a great 2nd pairing guy or able to play 1st pairing if given the right D partner.

Add Boqvist

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
The best thing about this year's poll is that it will be very tough to pick the prospects after 3/4. Which is a sign of much better drafting. I thought last years draft was one of the best drafts the Devils had in years. With everyone saying this years draft being a dud, I was able to squelch my expectations. Then scouting staff pulled off another gem. I know there is still a lot of time before we see some of these players but I can see many of them making it to NHL.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Maybe I shouldn't be, but I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how McLeod is running this poll. Thought it would be tighter between him and Santini.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Maybe I shouldn't be, but I have to say I'm a bit surprised at how McLeod is running this poll. Thought it would be tighter between him and Santini.

If Fox McLeod can translate his speed and zone entries into the NHL he will give us a rediculous amount of talent down the middle with Hischier, Zajac and Zacha if he sticks with C. It really was between those 2 but I went with the guy who is already proving it on the NHL level.

rrekaj13

Jun 15, 2012
New Jersey
I know Zacha has a full season under his belt but I feel like he should still be considered a prospect at this point. He's 20 years old

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad