2017 Flyers Wives Carnival To Be Held 11/19

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
https://www.nhl.com/flyers/news/fly...mber-19-2017--philadelphia-flyers/c-290484050

Philadelphia Flyers fans are officially welcomed to purchase their tickets to the highly-anticipated 2017 Flyers Wives Carnival. The Carnival, the team's 41st, will take place on Sunday, November 19, 2017 at the Wells Fargo Center at a new time, 11:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.

One of the longest-tenured and successful charity events hosted by a professional sports franchise in the country, the annual family-friendly event allows fans unique interactions with Flyers players in a carnival-style setting while supporting numerous local beneficiaries. From candid photos with players, to taking a shot on goal on the Flyers ice, to the whimsical six-story-high Ferris Wheel on the floor of the Wells Fargo Center, the Carnival provides unparalleled opportunities for fans of all ages to interact with the Flyers.

New this year, all attendees will receive a free Carnival t-shirt, courtesy of Fastrack Construction, as well as a Dunkin' Donuts gift card. Fans can also look forward to new "mystery pucks" available for purchase - all pucks will come with a guaranteed autograph from a player, and some with on-the-spot VIP surprise experiences. Fans will also be able to enjoy new behind-the-scenes experiences in both the Flyers press box high above the main floor, as well as in the Flyers press conference area.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I wish I could make it, but can't afford flying up from Texas and paying for the hotel this year. It sucks, because there is actually a home game the day before. The last 2 or so carnivals did not have a home game the day before....

I did see that they are not yet pre-selling players - just a ticket for the event

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
So they decided to go the safer weather route with November, huh? ... I see they played it smart and chose when Eagles were on the Road and an 8:30 start -- didn't they schedule last year competing against the Birds somehow... on TV or at Linc? -- The only thing is that the Game is against the Cowgirls... so there will always be those zealots who start their Viewing Parties in the afternoon (and getting wasted before the Game ;) ).

In any event, with no head to head against the Birds... and less chance of a blizzard... they should be golden for a successful Event. :handclap:

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Well, they moved it last year - although, last year was cool because it was 2x in the same year. BUt yea - I think the weather will be better in Nov than March

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Well, they moved it last year - although, last year was cool because it was 2x in the same year. BUt yea - I think the weather will be better in Nov than March

I'm aware of that... What I meant actually was that last years shift was not a one and done... they decided that it was safer attendance-wise to go with the better odds dealing with weather and Fans transportation

It was also dumb to hold it right around the trade deadline.

I remember that besides the chance of snow, there were other conflicts with the previous scheduling... I believe that the TDL was one of them... I can't recall the others at this time... but I believe they went with the previous time because it came after the NFL was completed... and also because of tradition (which may have also been done to align wit the completion of Football).

In any case, it appears that this may be the time-frame going forward... and if they plan well ij conjunction with the Eagles' Schedule, that is really the best way to go... that Blizzard a couple Seasons back as a real SOB... Kept me home, with my tickets in hand.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
Well, I believe they announced last year that it would always be in November. So, I knew it was a permanent change.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
that Blizzard a couple Seasons back as a real SOB... Kept me home, with my tickets in hand.

Yea, I flew up from Texas. Yes, that was a nightmare. Houston froze up to. I was so lucky... my flight out of Houston to get to Philly was the only one not cancelled that day. Amd my flight out of Philly was the only Houston bound flight not cancelled that day. But man, it was a mess...

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
How exactly does the carnival work format wise? I have always wanted to go but university exams have always interrupted. However, I will be on a work term so I can finally make an appearance. i have bought tickets, but from my understanding I will need to buy individual player tickets to meet the players/get autographs from them? Does this apply to all the players or generally just the better players? Furthermore, how much are the player tickets usually? Is it a flat fixed ticket price for all the players or would Giroux for example, cost a higher price than say Matt Read?

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
How exactly does the carnival work format wise? I have always wanted to go but university exams have always interrupted. However, I will be on a work term so I can finally make an appearance. i have bought tickets, but from my understanding I will need to buy individual player tickets to meet the players/get autographs from them? Does this apply to all the players or generally just the better players? Furthermore, how much are the player tickets usually? Is it a flat fixed ticket price for all the players or would Giroux for example, cost a higher price than say Matt Read?

Yes - you buy an entrance ticket. The early entrance tickets are usually like $10 more. If there is a player you want that has a time right at the beginning, then you need the early ticket.

Then, you buy the tickets for the players you want to meet. For a while, they just presold the famous players. They are usually a combo ticket - picture AND autograph. And the player takes the pic and signs your items all at 1 time. Lately, those have been around $100.

Then, in the past - you would buy tickets for the lesser known players at the event. Either photo or autograph... These are 2 separate tickets for each player. If you want both, you buy both. But, each is done at a separate time.

The last 2 carnivals, they have started pre-selling ALL the players... But, these tickets are not up at the initial time that tickets start selling. So, you gotta keep checking back. And, you buy those separately later.

This year is the 1st time I have seen the entrance tickets for sale without at least having the combo tickets up for the famous players. At least they were not up on the 1st day of ticket sales. Maybe they are waiting to see if any more roster shakeups come this summer. Normally, tickets for the carnival are not sold this early.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
When do the player tickets go on sale? Coming from Kitchener area for the game on the Saturday against the Flames and chilling until the carnival. Might as well spend the extra money and go big

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Shit it seems I missed out on Giroux tickets. Anyone have one for sale? Really want my authentic signed. willing to pay premium

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Wonder if anyone will buy tickets to meet Manning or AMac .

The last time I went (two seasons ago) I had about an hour to kill so I bought a ticket to get a picture with Sam Gagner. There was only one other party in line in front of us and no one else behind us. This was already about ten minutes into his session so it wasn't like it was just starting or anything. I felt bad for the guy :laugh:

I'd like to meet Provy and Konecny but I'd feel really weird asking a guy my age for a picture and autograph.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
After juggling around on the WFC's horrid nightmare of a website for about 45 minutes I managed to snag Voracek and Couturier tickets for myself and a Neuvy ticket for my brother. Jake's must've been one of the last ones because I tried numerous times to order two tickets at both of his time slots to no avail for twenty minutes before I finally managed what I got. Tried adding another one for my brother afterward to no avail. :(

I tried a million times to get Provorov and Konecny, my first two choices, only to be told there were none available each time. I get that they're popular choices and would probably sell out early, but they're still listed as choices on the WFC site. If you don't have any tickets left for them, take them off the list. I'm happy with what I got but can't help but be disappointed with the buying process overall.

Wouldn't mind getting guys like Laughton or Weal but I didn't feel they were wholly worth the $40 price tag. Also considered Sanheim or Morin but was worried about the possibility that one or both aren't on the roster come mid November.

Last edited:

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Disregard the last part of my last post, I managed to buy Konecny tickets a few minutes ago, too. I tried so many times last night but just couldn't manage a thing. Found it strange that the site wouldn't let me buy just one ticket, so I had to get two. Usually it's the other way around. :dunno:

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Who is willing to buy a flight and a ticket for bennyflyers16 (intentionally wrong, i know) to meet Voracek? Boxcar would probably buy a ticket for Manning but we already know that's Manning and deadhead will go for a meet and greet of Hakstol.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Who is willing to buy a flight and a ticket for bennyflyers16 (intentionally wrong, i know) to meet Voracek? Boxcar would probably buy a ticket for Manning but we already know that's Manning and deadhead will go for a meet and greet of Hakstol.
I have a Voracek ticket and will gladly pass along any message on Benny's behalf that he wants, maybe even get a picture of his famous post that triggered Jake signed :laugh:

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
i have tickets for Couturier and Voracek but really want one for Giroux. Willing to pay premium.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad