2017 Fantasy Football Discussion

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
I thought that last year but Forte had a great season, what has changed? I mean I know injury concern but are Jets really gonna start Powell over a healthy Forte?

Interested in this too.

I can't see Powell holding a job over Forte but maybe I'm underrating Powell (or Forte aged 10 years)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It hurts him huge. He's going from Tyrod Taylor to Jared Goff. Has to learn a new system, get used to new surrndings, etc. Throw in his tendency to get injured and he's an easy DND for me.

Watkins best attribute is what he does in the mid and short range, which aren't really strengths of Tyrod. I like Tyrod as a QB, but I just don't think this is a fantasy downgrade for Watkins. Also love the coach and scheme he's going to.

The health would be the same on either team.

Agreed on the new system/surroundings - that's the issue to me.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Interested in this too.

I can't see Powell holding a job over Forte but maybe I'm underrating Powell (or Forte aged 10 years)

I think Powell is a good back, at least in fantasy. He did well when he was in but Forte had a great season and I didnt see anything change in the off season, which is why I asked

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Watkins best attribute is what he does in the mid and short range, which aren't really strengths of Tyrod. I like Tyrod as a QB, but I just don't think this is a fantasy downgrade for Watkins. Also love the coach and scheme he's going to.

The health would be the same on either team.

Agreed on the new system/surroundings - that's the issue to me.

Yeah Tyrod isnt good when it comes to short passes but him and Watkins were great in 2015 especially in the 2nd half when Tyrod got more comfortable as a 1st starter. If Watkins was healthy this season I think he could of posted something like 85-1300-10. Now in LA he's more of a WR2.

Goff was just horrible last year even for rookie standards. Thats what Im worried about. I expect him to get better but how much? Not enough for me to draft Watkins.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah Tyrod isnt good when it comes to short passes but him and Watkins were great in 2015 especially in the 2nd half when Tyrod got more comfortable as a 1st starter. If Watkins was healthy this season I think he could of posted something like 85-1300-10. Now in LA he's more of a WR2.

Goff was just horrible last year even for rookie standards. Thats what Im worried about. I expect him to get better but how much? Not enough for me to draft Watkins.

I totally understand people not wanting to risk drafting Watkins. I agree the trade may limit his upside for this season, though I actually think it might help his dynasty value if Goff can improve.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
I totally understand people not wanting to risk drafting Watkins. I agree the trade may limit his upside for this season, though I actually think it might help his dynasty value if Goff can improve.

If Goff doesnt improve I can say him leaving the Rams after this season, assuming he doesnt get tagged. I doubt he wants to be stuck on a team with horrible QBs like his good buddy Hopkins.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If Goff doesnt improve I can say him leaving the Rams after this season, assuming he doesnt get tagged. I doubt he wants to be stuck on a team with horrible QBs like his good buddy Hopkins.

But it's one of those things where he only doesn't get tagged if he's hurt again or is really, really bad. I think they'll lock him up long-term.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Way too early to judge Goff after year 2, and I'm not even on the Goff train. But I'd say any QB should get 3 years as a pro as a general rule.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just drafted Watkins for a dynasty earlier this year. Damn.

Also, if Elliott is there at 4 for my new dynasty (drafts tomorrow), do I pick him?

Tough call. I would probably reach for Amari Cooper if Beckham and Evans are gone, but I am in the minority. I like high-pedigree young WRs and would try to pick one with each of my first 3 picks.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Who to target at RB, and who to give up at WR?

Who to target at RB and who to give up at WR
H2H league where we start 2 QB's. Here is my team. My weakest position is RB. Who should I try to acquire and who to trade away from WR since I have good depth at WR.

My Team
QB; R.Wilson, S.Bradford, T.Savage, P.Lynch
WR: A.Brown, K.Allen, T.Hill, S.Diggs, D.Moncrief, R.Woods, C.Meredith
RB: T.Gurley, A.Peterson, M.Forte, J.Hill, J.White, J.Rodgers, R.Turbin, D.Foreman
TE: J.Reed, C.Fleener, J.Thomas

Thanks

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
H2H league where we start 2 QB's. Here is my team. My weakest position is RB. Who should I try to acquire and who to trade away from WR since I have good depth at WR.

My Team
RB: T.Gurley, A.Peterson, M.Forte, J.Hill, J.White, J.Rodgers, R.Turbin, D.Foreman

Thanks

One year or keeper? PPR or no?

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
I just drafted Watkins for a dynasty earlier this year. Damn.

Also, if Elliott is there at 4 for my new dynasty (drafts tomorrow), do I pick him?

How long would you be able to keep him? I have a league where we can hold a player for 4 years and I wouldn't hesitate to take Zeke wait out the 6 games and keep him.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA

My Team

Thanks

There's a separate thread for rating teams.

You don't see many trades until week 3 or 4 because people want to see what they have first.

Nobody can give you a black and white answer because the players available are going to based off of other teams strengths and weaknesses. I.e. I think Crowder breaks out huge but if the team he's on is lacking at WR he won't be moved.

Of your players. I'd shop Allen 1st. I think woods will be on waivers by mid year. I would consider trading Brown for a 2nd tier rb and #2 wr.

Also lynch is trash. The NFL version of Yakupov

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

My Team

Thanks

The Tyreek Hill train is out of control right now. I mean, I love him for this year, but the hype is ridiculous. I'd look to try and cash in on him.

Remington 700

Jul 11, 2007
South Park, PA
So Elliott is your #1 dynasty player? Okay then.

I missed where he said "new dynasty" and thought Bell and Johnson were being kept. I was thinking his choices were Zeke, ODB and Evans.

Its debatable, Elliot has the behavior issues.
I would like to see DJ repeat his performance from last year
There's no guarantee that
1)Bell doesn't hold out and
2)He's even with the Steelers next year.
3) If he does come back and Ben Retires, that hurts his value.
ODB has to deal with a declining Eli at QB
A. Brown has to worry about Ben retiring.

All the top guys have questions. I can see a case for those guys going between 1-5 in a dynasty

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
There's a separate thread for rating teams.

You don't see many trades until week 3 or 4 because people want to see what they have first.

Nobody can give you a black and white answer because the players available are going to based off of other teams strengths and weaknesses. I.e. I think Crowder breaks out huge but if the team he's on is lacking at WR he won't be moved.

Of your players. I'd shop Allen 1st. I think woods will be on waivers by mid year. I would consider trading Brown for a 2nd tier rb and #2 wr.

Also lynch is trash. The NFL version of Yakupov

What do you think of a trade where I trade K.Allen for Demarco Murray?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm still torn about my draft tonight (12 team PPR dynasty with a superflex). I think worst case scenario for me is that Odell, Evans and David Johnson are off the board. Do I go for broke and pick Elliott even with his off the field stuff? Do I pick Bell, who will lose a lot of value if Ben retires and/or Bell changes teams? Do I reach for Cooper? Ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00