Prospect Info: 2017 Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Svech's lil bro is pretry nasty. Euro Twins part II? ;)

He is but...Dahlin? That dude is like Karlsson if Karlsson had all the hype his draft year and was already a competent defensive player. He thinks the game a step ahead. He plays the game as though he's rehearsed the entire thing in practice. I think he might be the Crosby/McDavid of defenseman for the 2018 draft.

I would really be ideal if we could organically fall down the standings this year, get a 5-12 pick, end up with a low-level 1st line center (Johansen/Monahan/Wennberg) then pull out all the stops to tank for the 2018 draft, get Dahlin, and work from there. God, that would be a ****ing dream.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He is but...Dahlin? That dude is like Karlsson if Karlsson had all the hype his draft year and was already a competent defensive player. He thinks the game a step ahead. He plays the game as though he's rehearsed the entire thing in practice. I think he might be the Crosby/McDavid of defenseman for the 2018 draft.

I would really be ideal if we could organically fall down the standings this year, get a 5-12 pick, end up with a low-level 1st line center (Johansen/Monahan/Wennberg) then pull out all the stops to tank for the 2018 draft, get Dahlin, and work from there. God, that would be a ****ing dream.

I was being somewhat facetious. I'd be cool with drafting a center and then drafting Dahlin next year. If we are drafting high would strongly prefer it to be a center or defenseman.

Hell wouldn't even hate going defense in the first round 3 years in a row. I like Foote and Valimaki in this draft.

Morand, Entwistle, Glass are some interesting guys at center in this draft.

Redline

Feb 26, 2003
boardroom
Visit site
I was being somewhat facetious. I'd be cool with drafting a center and then drafting Dahlin next year. If we are drafting high would strongly prefer it to be a center or defenseman.

Hell wouldn't even hate going defense in the first round 3 years in a row. I like Foote and Valimaki in this draft.

From my viewings Foote is ranked too high. It's possibly due to some combination of name recognition and the Rockets history of developing defensemen. I'd be surprised if his name was called in the top half of the 1st rd.
The 18-23 range maybe.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016

Yeah, I know. If not for positions, it would be awesome to have the Svech twins, but I really hope if we're bombing out this year and next, that we get a decent C and a high-level D. I think we could make do with a 1B/2A center in one season (thinking Krejci/Bergeron) as long as we get a strong D in the other..

Entwistle and Valimaki do intrigue met, but I've lost my intrigue for Foote. I think he'll be an NHL defenseman but I doubt his offensive upside. We'll see how things play out, though. Also a little worried that they'll latch on to Ryan Poehling if they're monitoring Cholo heavily...Not a huge fan of RyPo so far.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, I know. If not for positions, it would be awesome to have the Svech twins, but I really hope if we're bombing out this year and next, that we get a decent C and a high-level D. I think we could make do with a 1B/2A center in one season (thinking Krejci/Bergeron) as long as we get a strong D in the other..

Entwistle and Valimaki do intrigue met, but I've lost my intrigue for Foote. I think he'll be an NHL defenseman but I doubt his offensive upside. We'll see how things play out, though. Also a little worried that they'll latch on to Ryan Poehling if they're monitoring Cholo heavily...Not a huge fan of RyPo so far.

Interesting, why do you feel that way on Poehling? I'd like to know more on him.

Center and Defense in the first rounds of the next 2 drafts would be great. If we continue the way we are going, Hischier or Vilardi would be A-OK in my books.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Center and defense should absolutely be our focus in the next two drafts.

Rd 1: Mittelstad/Hauge/Hirschier
Rd 2: Samorukov/Boqvist/Glass

I'm with you on mittelstadt and hischier. My to favorites at the moment. Mittelstadt has insane offensive skills and hischier can be our do everything number one center, like a kopitar

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Last in the Atlantic now. Hoping for a top 4 pick to take Patrick, Hischier, Vilardi, or Lijegren

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Center and defense should absolutely be our focus in the next two drafts.

Rd 1: Mittelstad/Hauge/Hirschier
Rd 2: Samorukov/Boqvist/Glass

Wouldn't mind this, although I like both those forwards in RD1 more than Hague. By all accounts apparently Samorukov has been a total trainwreck in his end for Guelph, that might be a risky pick.

I think Glass will be a riser over the next few months.

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
Wouldn't mind this, although I like both those forwards in RD1 more than Hague. By all accounts apparently Samorukov has been a total trainwreck in his end for Guelph, that might be a risky pick.

Samorukov has been pretty bad, but I have seen improvement from the beginning of the season until this point. I'm not sure if it was just him adjusting to small ice or what, but it'll be an interesting situation to follow and see where he's at come the end of the year.

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan

Admittedly Dmitry has been rough in his own zone, but I watch the OHL quite a bit, and he's made marked improvements since the beginning of the season. The kid is a very good athlete, and has nice technical hockey skills (i.e., his passing is extremely crisp). I think some of his defensive issues are due to the smaller ice and probably a language barrier as he just came over the pond.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

Links were working for me...

I did go to the site and read through all of them though.

Depending on where Detroit picks(like 16-17 or later) I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit gain a 2nd by trading back.

Seems the pool this year is very grey. There are no clear rankings.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Links were working for me...

I did go to the site and read through all of them though.

Depending on where Detroit picks(like 16-17 or later) I wouldn't mind seeing Detroit gain a 2nd by trading back.

Seems the pool this year is very grey. There are no clear rankings.

I think I fixed it.

How about this Suzuki kid??? He's lighting it up so far.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I think I fixed it.

How about this Suzuki kid??? He's lighting it up so far.

I do like him. Would love to get him in the 2nd.

Other players I'm high on:

Jake Leschyshyn
Nate Knoepke
Erik Brannstrom
Miro Heiskanen
Jusso Valimaki
Brannon McManus
Artyom Minulim
Keith Petruzzelli
Nathan Schnarr
Stuart Skinner
Robert Thomas
Connor Timmins
Jacob Tortora

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan
I'm with you on mittelstadt and hischier. My to favorites at the moment. Mittelstadt has insane offensive skills and hischier can be our do everything number one center, like a kopitar

Nico Hischier is my favorite prospect in this draft. I'd take him over any one not named Liljegren in this draft. He fits the needs and direction of our forward group like a glove - extremely fast, but adept at move east/west to control the pace and get the other team off balance. He also seems like a great character kid, which is huge for this organization.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
The more and more I see Owen Tippett I want him in Detroit...too bad the Steelheads suck

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Nico Hischier is my favorite prospect in this draft. I'd take him over any one not named Liljegren in this draft. He fits the needs and direction of our forward group like a glove - extremely fast, but adept at move east/west to control the pace and get the other team off balance. He also seems like a great character kid, which is huge for this organization.

Yup, I think he will go top 5. I think we will draft around 10

allpaths

Nov 30, 2016

Totally agree nico's definitely imo the best center available and necas would be the 2nd name on my list we're so weak done the middle and from the little I've seen he's could be the playmaker we need

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Liljegren ('17 draft) did not make Sweden's WJC team, but Dahlin ('18 draft) did. Pretty interesting. Very tough competition.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Liljegren ('17 draft) did not make Sweden's WJC team, but Dahlin ('18 draft) did. Pretty interesting. Very tough competition.

Good news. Hopefully he drops a bit. He had mono and that takes a long time to recover from for the average person, let alone getting back up to game speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad