Prospect Info: 2017 CFHF Prospect Rankings: #15 RUN-OFF POLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Easy Rittich of those names.
Philips is totally unproven yet. I want to see how he does in the pros. He doesn't have Johnny level skill; so I'm wondering how that size might affect him.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Was shocked to realize Rittich is still on the board. The guy who's only a year older than Gillies who styled all over him all year including the playoffs, is still there at 15 while Gillies was ranked 6th?

Man, the way people overrate Gillies' performance at Providence knows no bounds. Wasn't even actually great in the NCAA tourney where he was named player of the tourney. Was just lucky no one had standout statistics among the skaters. And in the last two years his numbers have been surpassed in NCAA and AHL by Nick Ellis, who isn't even the 6th ranked prospect in the Oilers' barren pool. B-B-But he's tall.

I Pity The Foo

Jan 11, 2012
Victoria BC
Was shocked to realize Rittich is still on the board. The guy who's only a year older than Gillies who styled all over him all year including the playoffs, is still there at 15 while Gillies was ranked 6th?

Man, the way people overrate Gillies' performance at Providence knows no bounds. Wasn't even actually great in the NCAA tourney where he was named player of the tourney. Was just lucky no one had standout statistics among the skaters. And in the last two years his numbers have been surpassed in NCAA and AHL by Nick Ellis, who isn't even the 6th ranked prospect in the Oilers' barren pool. B-B-But he's tall.
thank for your input.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016

Gillies has shown consistency over a long period, so I think he's the safer bet to be an NHLer. But I think he and Rittich have pretty much the same ceiling. If Rittich can do what he did last year again this next coming year, he'll probably catapult over Gillies in my opinion.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
I think both will fizzle out as backups at best, personally

I don't see starter material from either as it stands now. A great year from either though could easily make me change my mind.

Mr Snrub

Oct 12, 2016
It's never been more obvious that he's never watched Gillies play. This is the problem with stat sheet scouts

Not to mention goalie stats are way less reliable than even skater stats. Any goalie can have a hot year and look like an all-star from his numbers even while there are still big deficiencies in his game. Or he dumps the hardest or most important starts but goes beast mode at other times. Goalie stats are awful, especially at predicting future success.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Rittich literally took the net from Gillies in the playoffs. You can rationalize "stats" all you want but that's a fact. You can rationalize one off-year all you want, but Gillies never passed the eye test in NCAA either outside of the occasional pretty save (which everybody gets).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad