Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Same crap new thread.

dadvApX.gif

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
The epic finale to this season will be the Coyotes finishing dead last and drafting 4th. There will be no Dahlin and there will be no Svechnikov, it's best this fan base accept that now.

I'll accept that we'll finish 6th and then will draft 9th.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Any idea who Tocchet has in mind with the statement "We are going to weed some people out of here eventually and get this thing right".

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I'm not confident he would have signed here. GMDM said something about the initial contract talks not going well and that was part of the reason he was traded at the deadline. That and to max his value.

The Yandle trade would taste a lot less bitter if the return wasn't an inconsistent Duclair.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Oh Ok, for a moment I thought the NYR pick was used to select Merkely, but I got the two trades confused.

Yeah, but I do agree that Duke being the major part if the return is not looking great. And will look worse when we flip him for some 3rd line vet and he begins putting up 20 goals a season.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
The epic finale to this season will be the Coyotes finishing dead last and drafting 4th. There will be no Dahlin and there will be no Svechnikov, it's best this fan base accept that now.
34% chance we finish Top 2.....52% we finish 4th, so there you go....

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Any idea who Tocchet has in mind with the statement "We are going to weed some people out of here eventually and get this thing right".
Looking at the 3 goals, Stepan was at least partially at fault on ALL 3. The second goal was a bad pinch by Schenn with Connauton playing way too far off his mark (and Keller looking a little lost as to whom to cover) and the 3rd goal Demers coughs up the puck and then he and Stepan let Matheson skate between them for the breakaway.

Reactions: bukwas

Yandover

Nov 8, 2013
Looking at the 3 goals, Stepan was at least partially at fault on ALL 3. The second goal was a bad pinch by Schenn with Connauton playing way too far off his mark (and Keller looking a little lost as to whom to cover) and the 3rd goal Demers coughs up the puck and then he and Stepan let Matheson skate between them for the breakaway.
Then weed Duke out.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
When making trades and drafting I think we need to focus on the most important question "is this young man a jelly fish or is he a honey badger?" If you can't clearly identify him as much more tiger than p***y cat than go ahead and look elsewhere.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
How much of our current situation is because we don't have any 23-28 yr olds? Our drafts from about 2006 to 2012 have given us little.

06 - Mueller and Summers, both out of NHL
07 - Turris and Darling, both gone (Turris turned into Dvorak)
08 - Boedker, Tikhonov, Stone - all gone (Boeds turned into Wood)
09 - OEL
10 - Nothing. Not a God damned thing.
11 - Murphy. Turned into Hjalmarsson.
12 - Martinook.
13 - Domi. Also Dauphin, but traded.

So there is a 4-year window there where we got a fourth-liner, two pieces we traded for a top-4 D, and a top-6 F.

Reactions: ParisSaintGermain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig