Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
PK

Grabner Fast
Zib Miller
Hayes Nash
Vesey

Same D pairs

PP (with the middle guy being in front of the net)

Zib Kreider Zucc
Skjei Shattenkirk

Miller Nash Buchnevich
McDonagh DeAngelo

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Power play will be ****ing dank

Kreider-Zib-Zucc
Shattenkirk-DeAngelo

Vesey-Desharnais-Miller
McDonagh-Buch

Personally I'd swap Zucc and Buch but that's me

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm gonna assume DeAngelo starts in the minors because AV.

Hopefully unit 1 is Kreids, Ziba, Buch, Zucc and Shatty. Kreids in front of the net, Ziba on the left half wall, Shatty at the single high point, Buch and Zucc are right point and slot. Both are best at the right point, but someone has to be the slot or you could slightly change it to a two point men with one on the left point and the other the right half wall. Unit only has one center for FO's, but its not so important.

Hopefully unit 2 is Nash, Miller, Hayes, McDonagh and Skjei. Definitely two on the point, doesn't really matter who is which, they are both left shots, so one will be on their off side. Nash is net front, Hayes and Miller take left and right half walls. They are both best on the right, but someone will have to play left. Two centers on this PP, which is good.

PK is gonna be difficult to configure.

Of forwards, I'd assume Hayes, Miller, Zibanejad is 1, 2, 3 at center. Probably Hayes and Fast, Miller and Grabner, Zibanejad and Nash. I'd assume Zucc is the next PK'er thrown in there somewhere. Desharnais as the next center. If Andersson makes the team, I think he'll be a top 3 PK'er at center, and maybe Zibanejad becomes 4. Of defensemen, McDonagh is a given, Staal as well. Smith, Skjei and I think Bereglazov for two spots. I'd like to get Skjei on the PK this year, but I actually think he's probably the third best PK'er of those three, so I'd have him as PK'er #5 for now. If a D goes off, he gets PK time. PK pairs can be Bereglazov-McDonagh, Smith-Staal. The problem with this is 0 RH defensemen PK'ers. Holden would be 6th PK'er, if he somehow gets in the lineup, hopefully he's 7th D though or traded. If we can trade Staal, Skjei relinquishes his PP spot to DeAngelo, takes Staal's spot on the PK.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Should be 4-1 on PP1 and 3-2 on PP2.

---------Kreider
Zbad----Buch?----Zuke
---------Shatty

--------Nash?
ADA---Someone?-Miller
-------Skjei/McD

On PP1 you have Zuke running the show from the right wall, but he should more around and go down low too, then Buch can move out from the slot and take the right wall, we need some movement this year.

PP2 i don't know, let DeAngelo run the show and hope he figures it out, i don't see many PP guys on there, need Miller for the entries.

On the PK i dno, i really hope Zuke becomes a permanent PKer, he's sooo good at it, his numbers are always team leading in a small sample.

Other then that, move Hayes and Miller away from eachother, i'd have Hayes moved completely off the PK but atleast move them away from eachother.

Last edited:

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Certainly going to be some changes on special teams. Gonna be interesting to see how its configured.

Any thoughts on how the PP and PK might look?

If they continue to not move on the PP (looking at you Arniel) then nothing will change

If Ruff ever gets added to the staff, I have a feeling the PK will fare a great deal better

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
----Kreider----
Zibanejad-Nash-Zucc
----Shattenkirk----

----Hayes----
Vesey-Miller-Buch
----McDonagh/DeAngelo----

Umbrella PP makes sense for our personnel. 4F, 1D, always. Just can't be stagnant, needs to move with the puck, net-front guy specifically. If it's on Shattenkirk's stick, Kreider needs to be parked in front of the net. If he moves it to Zib or Zucc, Kreider follows with the screen. If Zib or Zucc don't shoot and hold the puck, Kreider needs to pivot to the post and provide an extra passing option. Zucc -> Kreider -> Nash -> goal.

Last edited:

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
PP should be:

Kreider-Zib-Zucc
Shattenkirk-DeAngelo

Subbing Shatty in McD's place on the first powerplay unit will be a huge upgrade.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Unit 1:
Kreider (net front)
Zibanejad (left circle) Zuccarello (right corner sort of behind the net) Buchenvich (right circle)
Shattenkirk (point)

Unit 2:
Nash (net front)
DeAngelo (left circle), Hayes (right corner/behind goal line), Miller (right circle)
McDonagh (point)

Using DeAngelo in a forward position to get a right handed short on the PP.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
Unit 1:
Kreider (net front)
Zibanejad (left circle) Zuccarello (right corner sort of behind the net) Buchenvich (right circle)
Shattenkirk (point)

Unit 2:
Nash (net front)
DeAngelo (left circle), Hayes (right corner/behind goal line), Miller (right circle)
McDonagh (point)

Love it. Two solid units right there.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Well, the team just added one of the best PPQB's in the NHL, so you just know that the PP is going to be atrocious. :laugh:

Gonna wait until the roster gets finalized. A lot can change between now and October.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
hate me for saying this but one thing i will not miss stepan for is playing on this powerplay.
Basically adding shattenkirk and removing step on the first unit should work wonders but then again this is the New York Rangers PP we are discussing. Arniel should just spend his entire summer figuring out how to get the pp going.
We went from zero pp point guys capable of creating danger from the blueline to potentially having two guys who can do that in deangelo and shattenkirk.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Unit 1:
Kreider (net front)
Shattenkirk (point)

Unit 2:
Nash (net front)
McDonagh (point)

sounds like a perfect mix for both units.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
One problem I see is that, Shatty seems to like the left side on the PP(which is I think where he set up with the Blues), where we have Zib for the one timer. We'll see how it goes.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
One problem I see is that, Shatty seems to like the left side on the PP(which is I think where he set up with the Blues), where we have Zib for the one timer. We'll see how it goes.

Don't really see a problem with this since more often than not Zibs shots miss the net and ring around the glass to the point or out of the zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad