Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Well... hmm. That sucks. I liked the presumed cost/benefit of a guy like Hjalmarsson.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Nash is an interesting possibility. Not saying I want him per se, but if Yzerman is set on McD and the deal includes Nash, we'd be able to put him to good use. He could take Names or Killer's spot on the Power Play.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Nash is an interesting possibility. Not saying I want him per se, but if Yzerman is set on McD and the deal includes Nash, we'd be able to put him to good use. He could take Names or Killer's spot on the Power Play.

I like Nash and would be perfect for the team but they want a 1st + prospect + player I believe. For both would be a massive haul I don't want to pay.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think I'd like Nash, but not at anything close to the price being talked about. I think a lot of it is posturing, mind you. GMs almost never get what they're asking in this situation.

Nash would be scoring depth to us, so we can't really be paying a premium for him.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I like Nash and would be perfect for the team but they want a 1st + prospect + player I believe. For both would be a massive haul I don't want to pay.
Is that a package with McD? I'd probably be okay with that depending on which player and which prospect. If it's for Nash alone then no. Not sure I even like that for McD. Green (if he's healthy!) plus, maybe. Karlsson, sure.

Of course, I'm in the camp that thinks a smaller move works. Everyone else is chasing us. If we make a smaller move to shore up our D then I think we keep our margin on everyone else, no matter what moves they make.

It's kind of weird, too... I'm not sure I want us going in as the "no way they lose now" team. No team looks good wearing that albatross into the postseason.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Is that a package with McD? I'd probably be okay with that depending on which player and which prospect. If it's for Nash alone then no. Not sure I even like that for McD. Green (if he's healthy!) plus, maybe. Karlsson, sure.

Of course, I'm in the camp that thinks a smaller move works. Everyone else is chasing us. If we make a smaller move to shore up our D then I think we keep our margin on everyone else, no matter what moves they make.

It's kind of weird, too... I'm not sure I want us going in as the "no way they lose now" team. No team looks good wearing that albatross into the postseason.

I feel like we're gonna add Mike Green, regardless what else Yzerman does.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012

That's the ask for Nash alone. The prospect doesn't have to be high end I don't think so we could probably get him for 1st + Yan + Bournival possibly. McDonagh they're gonna want high end prospects and picks something like Howden + Raddysh + 1st + conditional 2nd(becomes a 1st if we make the SCF). For both we're looking like our next two 1sts, 3 top 10 prospects, mid picks and some players for contracts or cap purposes. Way to much.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
That's the ask for Nash alone. The prospect doesn't have to be high end I don't think so we could probably get him for 1st + Yan + Bournival possibly. McDonagh they're gonna want high end prospects and picks something like Howden + Raddysh + 1st + conditional 2nd(becomes a 1st if we make the SCF). For both we're looking like our next two 1sts, 3 top 10 prospects, mid picks and some players for contracts or cap purposes. Way to much.
Yeah. No way.

Or, as they say in New York... awww fuhgetaboudit!

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Yeah. No way.

Or, as they say in New York... awww fuhgetaboudit!

They'll ask Foote + Howden + Raddysh + Hajek + 2018 1st + 2019 1st for McDonagh + Nash both at 50%. That'll be serious with that ask too.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I feel like we're gonna add Mike Green, regardless what else Yzerman does.
I kind of get that vibe, too. I'm okay with it. I feel like Green would compliment what we do nicely, and he shouldn't be too expensive.

This presumes he's healthy, of course.

It would be really funny if Erne's hit last night changed things. Like, Erne caught wind of the rumors, decided he didn't want to go to Detroit, and took matters into his own hands before anything was official.

Reactions: AndreRoy

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Did you not know that McDonagh guarantees you not one but two Cups? We should actually pay more.
That's what I've been hearing, and I agree. We should lowball 'em first. Stralman + Gourde + Syracuse + all of our picks in the first three rounds. But we can tell Point and Serg to have their bags packed, just in case.

Reactions: DFC

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
That's what I've been hearing, and I agree. We should lowball 'em first. Stralman + Gourde + Syracuse + all of our picks in the first three rounds. But we can tell Point and Serg to have their bags packed, just in case.
Who did you hear that from?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Got an actual real life laugh out of the bolded.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is getting out of hand lol these trade prices lol

It seemed like after they got a majority of our fans to agree to Foote/Howden + Raddysh + 1st, they upped their price to Sergachev ++++.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
It seemed like after they got a majority of our fans to agree to Foote/Howden + Raddysh + 1st, they upped their price to Sergachev ++++.
It's a good thing a bunch of dopey fans don't control trade negotiations...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Could it be yzerman? Another trade with the flyers ?

Thinking they're checking out Johnson. Columbus wants to move him, they want a 1st but we might be able to get him for a 2nd + prospect, kinda like the Vanek deal a few years ago. He wouldn't be the exact answer we need but would be a good vet add, maybe we can move Koekkoek to Ottawa who was interested for a 3rd + AHLer so we really just drop a few spots and give up a prospect like Yan or Tammela, maybe Erne as Columbus is looking for an NHL forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad