Speculation: 2017-18 Roster Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I don't think our interest in Girardi speaks either way about the Shattenkirk situation. If anything, all our interest in cheap players, while Yzerman's sitting on some serious cap space, might make it more likely we're going to try to nab one major UFA.

Also, Elliot Friedman dampened some of the Shattenkirk to NYR talk in his latest 30 thoughts. Apparently, NYR might choose to go with their younger guys. Which I'm guessing means Mr. Tony D.

Nice, I'm not the only one who calls him Tony D.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Callahan recruitment on girardi there families are close per NHL rumors

Yeah they are very good friends like him and Boyle and him and Stralman. Think Giradi would be fine as a bottom pairing guy and PK'er. But don't take my word on Giradi, still have hope Callahan can be a 50 point player again, which is going to take a lot of hoping and praying, lol.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I don't think our interest in Girardi speaks either way about the Shattenkirk situation. If anything, all our interest in cheap players, while Yzerman's sitting on some serious cap space, might make it more likely we're going to try to nab one major UFA.

Also, Elliot Friedman dampened some of the Shattenkirk to NYR talk in his latest 30 thoughts. Apparently, NYR might choose to go with their younger guys. Which I'm guessing means Mr. Tony D.

If we sign him, we'll have Dotchin, Stralman, Sustr, and Girardi all as RHD not including Coburn and Sergachev who have played the right side in the past.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we sign him, we'll have Dotchin, Stralman, Sustr, and Girardi all as RHD not including Coburn and Sergachev who have played the right side in the past.

Maybe we'll move Sustr immediately. :p

...Or maybe we could sell high on Dotchin. (I definitely hope not.)

Still just lukewarm on Shattenkirk.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Shattenkirk was a pipe dream Stevie never signs the top guy in fa! We chased Ryan suter in fa and he went home to the wild! And we settled for matt carle.

Mihms06

Jan 11, 2012
Florida
Namestnikov Stamkos Kucherov
Palat Johnson Point
Gourde Boyle Callahan
Erne ??? Brown

Hedman Dotchin
Koekkoek Stralman
Coburn Sergachev
Sustr

Vasi
Budaj

Going to catch a lot of heat on Names on line 1, but he has good enough speed to keep up with Kuch and Stammer as well he goes to the dirty areas.

Also think the young D could do some good paired with a Vet.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I don't think some of you appreciate how bad Girardi is.

Let me link some tweets just to enlighten ya'll.

There is no scenario in which I want Dan Girardi on this team. I don't care if he accepts an unpaid internship. He is terrible.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Out of the older FA wingers which one's could actually keep with our speed. Don't want another Morrow situation. Personally I think Marleau is the best bet, Justin Williams is pretty slow nowadays.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
Out of the older FA wingers which one's could actually keep with our speed. Don't want another Morrow situation. Personally I think Marleau is the best bet, Justin Williams is pretty slow nowadays.

I'd rather sign Morrow out of retiredment to play D for us than Girardi. Dude has been epic bad.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Marleau most liked won't leave San Jose I'd take Williams at least he steps up in the playoffs

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I guess I could deal with Girardi on a one year deal but it sounds like he wants a longer one and I don't think it would be a good idea. I do think that we could get him at a good price and if we can play him on the 3rd pairing and spend some more money to find another forward or two. This is tricky.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
gar is goals vs replacement value go look at deep stats his shooting percentage his toi etc.. all the same girardi hasnt hit a wall

hes a shut down d who got 6 million times 6 years and was expected to be a 30-40 d man which he never has been lmfao

he hits he blocks shots he moves the puck he covers the net he plays the right side of the ice.

his few points he gets per year are even strength and his offensive zone starts with that stat says hes pliable

the money has to be right hes a stop gap plain and simple if we can get him for 2 million 1 year or less we win with this move imho if not we can look at how he performs but is a cheap option to get sustr the hell out of here

think of girardi like gudas do we hate gudas? would be take him for our sixth d man?

i would over sustr for sure but hes not good at much else but hits and blocked shots and moving the puck

he has no speed but he will mix it up at the net and if anything that is our problem area with a bunch of weak defenders to stick check instead of taking a guys head off which i would prefer:)

girardi is not ideal but none of our options seem to be if we could sign him and williams to 1-2 year deals for under 6 million id consider it a win

p.s. my take on this i think he would wind up more valuable girardi then coburn if had for one year he would handle the net better then coburn. hell witkowski argue wise handles in front of net better then coburn most of last season

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Why the **** are we interested in such bad players? Girardi has been one of the worst defenseman the last two seasons and we are straight up one of the few teams interested in him? **** off Steve, don't do that.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Yep, that's what I am thinking would be the only way we'd sign Girardi and Sustr. Could totally be in the works, but would definitely be another hurdle.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Shattenkirk was a pipe dream Stevie never signs the top guy in fa! We chased Ryan suter in fa and he went home to the wild! And we settled for matt carle.

Kubina and Carle. Almost got Niskanen and settled for Stralman. He's not afraid to go after the white whale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad