2017-18 Pro Tank Thread Part II: I tell all my bros, Tank it up. Break it down, blow it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Calgary is probably frustrated after their outing last night.. I expect them to come out firing tonight. Or I hope so at least.

Go team tank

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
giphy.gif

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Lol this team.

Giordano killing this team in more than one way.

That looked like it could be a broken/fractured foot/ankle for Brock. Pretty much season over, pack it in.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
Markstrom is this years tank commander. Guy is just awful.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
We can cheer for the tank all we want, but all these injuries will just form into excuses and buy another year or two for Benning. This is not the type of tank we need.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
Canucks are done. Maybe this is the year van wins a top 3 pick.
Dahlin zadina or svechnikov looks like the current top 3 of this draft.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Why we gave him the 3 year extension is a complete mystery to me. Just never had the consistency to be the guy.

Didn't know if he could be the guy or not because Benning preferred to keep Miller instead of trading him for a 9th overall pick. Had to try for those playoffs. :laugh:

Reactions: timw33

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
We can cheer for the tank all we want, but all these injuries will just form into excuses and buy another year or two for Benning. This is not the type of tank we need.

If Benning's contract weren't up you could be right. He could talk his way out of being fired, but after back to back bottom 3 finishes, and if we sink again this year, can he talk his way into an extension?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
If Benning's contract weren't up you could be right. He could talk his way out of being fired, but after back to back bottom 3 finishes, and if we sink again this year, can he talk his way into an extension?

Probably. You think Aqulini is going to look at this season and think the Canucks got a fair shake? Doubt it.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Probably. You think Aqulini is going to look at this season and think the Canucks got a fair shake? Doubt it.

Trying to be optimistic. I don't see how the optics of re-signing a GM who fired the last coach after back-to-back bottom 3 finishes, after the team finishes bottom 3 yet again, works.

Weren't all these veterans Benning brought in supposed to insulate the youth? By that standard then it shouldn't matter that the youth is out.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
I think if Holland is available and willing to come to Vancouver Benning will be out the door before you can say “Mama Aquilini’s gnocchi”.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Didn't know if he could be the guy or not because Benning preferred to keep Miller instead of trading him for a 9th overall pick. Had to try for those playoffs. :laugh:

One of the funniest moments in recent history was the season ticket holder summit or whatever where Benning was asked about Miller w/r/t trades, and Benning said "we had the chance to move Ryan and decided against it" and was viciously booed by the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce