Flower's

DGUnq1pUMAAyI5y.jpg:large

DGUlTp1UQAAfjH3.jpg:large

DGUrLRLUIAAjuK4.jpg

Last edited:

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY

Man these are beautiful. After years of some pretty boring setups Flames fans have been blessed with some amazing ones, from Hiller to Elliott and now Smith. Too bad that doesn't equate to good goaltending :laugh:

Also Luongo's mask is very nice, but I don't understand why he refuses to incorporate all the team colours at one time.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Good idea...until you realize that NHL rinks aren't cold.

You don't get it. Spilling water(which goalies do a lot) over it will reveal the hidden designs.

[Tweet]891667976113410048[/MEDIA]

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Luongo's mask is the best in the league.

Take note of the elevated simplicity.

Details are only visible if you get closer and it doesn't distract from the overall mask design.

The lovefest over Vasilievsky's and Fleury's masks is foreign to me.

Sure, they look AAAAAMAAAAAAZING when you are about 6 feet from them. Once you are watching live or sit in front of the TV it's just another cluttered mess.

Even up close it takes a few moments to even decipher what's on their mask.

Truly despise the need to cramp in as much detail as possible into a tiny frame.
Might as well just wear as camo mask. Looks the same from afar.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why do people like Luongo's, I don't get it? It will look like crap on ice, and is way too plain now.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Why do people like Luongo's, I don't get it? It will look like crap on ice, and is way too plain now.

As opposed to Fleury's mask which you can only make out what's going on when you get up close to it?

Luongo's mask might be "plain" by today's standards but you can at least recognize and discern it from other masks.

You can take almost every goalies mask that goes by the pattern of "the more crap I can wedge into the mask the better" and put it on a different goalie who goes by the same stylistic pattern and no one would ever even notice the difference.

Put Fleury's mask on Mike Smith or heck, even Pekka Rinne and you wouldn't notice it while you were watching the game.

I'll take simple and iconic over cartoony masks which try to tell the life story of the goalie's dog (Lalime's Marvin the Martian is the only cartoon mask that worked simply because it was easily recognizable).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Man these are beautiful. After years of some pretty boring setups Flames fans have been blessed with some amazing ones, from Hiller to Elliott and now Smith. Too bad that doesn't equate to good goaltending :laugh:

Also Luongo's mask is very nice, but I don't understand why he refuses to incorporate all the team colours at one time.

I suspect we may see 2 different sets of gear from Smith. From looking at photos, it appears he had a home set (solid black) and an away set (solid white) last season.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I suspect we may see 2 different sets of gear from Smith. From looking at photos, it appears he had a home set (solid black) and an away set (solid white) last season.

I love that Smith is one of the few goalies who tend to go with color over predominantly white pads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad