Prospect Info: 2017-18 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #3

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
Myers not getting enough respect getting blown out by Sanheim and Lindblom ... Button and Pronman's latest prospect rankings had Myers easily the best Flyers prospect (before drafting Patrick) while HockeyNews gave Sanheim the slight edge over Myers.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Myers not getting enough respect getting blown out by Sanheim and Lindblom ... Button and Pronman's latest prospect rankings had Myers easily the best Flyers prospect (before drafting Patrick) while HockeyNews gave Sanheim the slight edge over Myers.[/QU bif

A big part of it is not alot of people watch the Jr games only see highlights myself included. so they r not informed enough to know what Myers ceiling or floor could be and how to compare him to the other prospects. I have watched sanheim play 20 times last season he is going to be great in the NHL. If Myers becomes a better player than sanheim that would be a really huge addition. I voted for lindblom I cannot discount what he has done in the shl at 20 years old.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Myers not getting enough respect getting blown out by Sanheim and Lindblom ... Button and Pronman's latest prospect rankings had Myers easily the best Flyers prospect (before drafting Patrick) while HockeyNews gave Sanheim the slight edge over Myers.

eh, it has nothing to do respect. folks have their own reasons. I mean the Flyers have a deep prospect pool. Especially on defense. Someone is going to get "slighted". Myers is still a very good prospect. Even if he finishes 4th or 5th in this poll that is a bad thing considering the prospect pool this team has?

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly
eh, it has nothing to do respect. folks have their own reasons. I mean the Flyers have a deep prospect pool. Especially on defense. Someone is going to get "slighted". Myers is still a very good prospect. Even if he finishes 4th or 5th in this poll that is a bad thing considering the prospect pool this team has?

Getting blown out by both Sanheim and Lindblom seems to indicate he isnt quite getting the respect he deserves. Losing is one thing but them blowing him out feels like not enough people followed his past year closely enough and are aware of how highly analysts and scouts raved about and ranked him, especially after his great WJC performance on 1st pair.

As an undrafted signee i suppose it would be a bit tougher for him to supplant a successfully developing 1st rd pick who is already in the pros as well as Lindblom already tearing up a pro league.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
**** I voted wrong. I forgot about Linbdlom. Change my Ratcliffe to Lindblom. Ratcliffe will be next. I'm psyched on this dude!

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
The lack of respect for German. Tsk!

I've got German at 6 behind Morin and Myers. I think Ratcliffe is a guy that is going to wind up having a bigger impact than people expect so I'm going all in on him at #4 (I got too excited and voted him third by accident).

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW

Yep. I voted Oskar because he has proven he can not only play against men but can be highly productive in a very competitiveleague. That makes him very projectable in the NHL.

Myers is a real nice prospect, but further away and thus riskier. Same applies to Rubtsov, Ratcliffe, and even BunnyMan (been a fan since "Bring on the Dancing Horses.")

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Button has a track record of usually bumping guys way down his list once they're in the AHL. I don't think he watches or follows it all that closely.

The same thing with Lindblom in the SHL. It was pretty clear by some of his Twitter comments he had not seen Lindblom play since the World Juniors.

I'm not knocking Craig. I generally really like him, but he's only one guy. He can't see everything. Most of his focus is elsewhere than the AHL & SHL. I think that explains his ratings much of the time.

The guys here who watch Noranda games and Phantoms games pretty unanimously pick Sanheim over Myers.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
Sanheim and Lindblom both showed their skills in professional leagues. That gives them the edge over Myers for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad