Prospect Info: 2017-18 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #2

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Lindblom, just because I expect him on the Flyers before Sanheim, either or in this poll. But likely Sanheim will be the better player.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
My top 5 are
Patrick
Sanheim
Lindblom
Myers
Rubtsov

I would put Myers third. A rhd that can play d and skate and contribute offensively is very valuable. On the other hand, what lindblom accomplished this year is impressive.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I voted Morin. I think that he's such a different prospect with a different skill set from everyone else in the organization. This is a BIG man who can skate, play shut down defense and has a mean streak a mile wide. His physical presence alone is going to be game altering. I really see a new age Derian Hatcher with Morin. He won't put up numbers like Sanheim, but he's going to be the most important defensemanb with regards to shut down and physical presence. He's going to allow the skill players to do their job without fear.

Agreed, Morin is gonna be à monster. Few people on here seem to realize how high his potential is.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Agreed, Morin is gonna be à monster. Few people on here seem to realize how high his potential is.

I am still high on Morin because I think he is going to be extremely valuable once we are contenders at his peak.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Agreed, Morin is gonna be � monster. Few people on here seem to realize how high his potential is.

Honest question, if he realistically had such high "monster" potential, why haven't we seen more from him yet? He's been good in the AHL, but not dominant. Yes, big players take longer to develop, but that doesn't mean all big players have limitless potential. I think fan perception of Morin has always been distorted by the fact that he was the first defender we took in the post-Pronger, youth movement era. He's a promising player who has developed as well as we should have expected, but I don't see a "monster" so much as I see a big #4 who can play tough minutes and PK. I'm not sure how much higher his potential is than that. Still a valuable young player, for sure, but after four years, I don't see the "high potential".

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Honest question, if he realistically had such high "monster" potential, why haven't we seen more from him yet? He's been good in the AHL, but not dominant. Yes, big players take longer to develop, but that doesn't mean all big players have limitless potential. I think fan perception of Morin has always been distorted by the fact that he was the first defender we took in the post-Pronger, youth movement era. He's a promising player who has developed as well as we should have expected, but I don't see a "monster" so much as I see a big #4 who can play tough minutes and PK. I'm not sure how much higher his potential is than that. Still a valuable young player, for sure, but after four years, I don't see the "high potential".

I think his potential is to be a bigger Gudas.

And personally I'd be ecstatic with that.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I think his potential is to be a bigger Gudas.

And personally I'd be ecstatic with that.

Yeah, I agree, but I think that's his absolute ceiling though. That's obviously a terrific player, but he'll have to really mature his game to reach that point. Gudas is also super underrated as a play driver. He's a deceptively savvy player in transition and actually carries the puck remarkably well for a player who isn't a great skater and has poor hands. Morin is a much better skater, but he'd have to improve substantially in those areas to reach Gudas level, so I think it's unlikely he reaches that ceiling.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah, I agree, but I think that's his absolute ceiling though. That's obviously a terrific player, but he'll have to really mature his game to reach that point. Gudas is also super underrated as a play driver. He's a deceptively savvy player in transition and actually carries the puck remarkably well for a player who isn't a great skater and has poor hands. Morin is a much better skater, but he'd have to improve substantially in those areas to reach Gudas level, so I think it's unlikely he reaches that ceiling.

And luckily he won't have too much pressure on him since the rest of the D core is projecting to be something pretty special. He'll be able to be used wherever he's a good fit, not asked to do too much due to lack of options.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Getting a jump on the next vote, I will vote Myers. Lindblom is right there, but the value of a top pair RHD if he hits is just much more than a potential 55-60 point 2-way winger. Can't fault anyone for voting for Lindblom though as the safer, older choice. But 2-way, 6'5 RHD with high end skating and skills are gold, Jerry, gold.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Getting a jump on the next vote, I will vote Myers. Lindblom is right there, but the value of a top pair RHD if he hits is just much more than a potential 55-60 point 2-way winger. Can't fault anyone for voting for Lindblom though as the safer, older choice. But 2-way, 6'5 RHD with high end skating and skills are gold, Jerry, gold.

Keep it in your pants Magua :laugh:

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
It honestly might be because I have seen more of Lindblom though gifs than Sanheim on TV.

Damn that channel for putting Judge Judy on instead of the Phantoms

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Went with Lindblom.

Lindblom dominated what is probably a better league at the same age where Sanheim held his own.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sanheim more than held his own this year.

He made huge steps forward in his defensive play and scored at a good rate for someone who didn't get the offensive opportunities he deserves.

Plus, he was adjusting to a higher league than he'd ever played at before. If you want to compare them then compare Sanheims first AHL season to Lindbloms first SHL season.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Myers would of been my 2nd pick here if he stayed healthy through the WJC. Unfortunately he just didn't bounce back the way I was hoping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad