2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Interesting times in Leafs HF. Funny how quickly Mark Hunter has gone from a draft wizard who is so important to the Leafs, to being so-so at the draft and easily replaceable.

Yup, and I see many leafs fans crapping on Lou too now.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
7 x 7 for Kane.
that is just so brutal....
dude hit 57 points once, like 6 years ago, and has not come close to that since, or even close to 50 points.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I want to see how Shanahans Boy Wunder does without the 85 years of experience of LL and MH brought to the table.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I stated at the time that the Sharks taking the Knights to 6 games was a better result than thought and especially doing it without Joe Thornton. The Knights swept the Kings and made quickest work of the Jets. The only team to give them some trouble was the Sharks.

As Vegas sits and rests and reloads their pretty immense team depth it looks like whoever they face in the SC final will suffer similar fate. The Knights have quite simply been the most dominating playoff club.
I think the Jets spent a ton of their energy on the series against the Predators. The playoff format hurt the Jets.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think the Jets spent a ton of their energy on the series against the Predators. The playoff format hurt the Jets.

That's fair comment. Its arguable the Jets had a more difficult path. That said I don't think by as much as some would think. SJ played a good series considering, and were a stiffer test for the Knights.
I'll add that the Jets didn't make the playoffs last season. So the tired excuse needs to be reconciled with they had a long offseason and played teams like Nashville that have played a ton of hockey. If anything its the Preds that were tired and why they lost to the Jets. Its a harder argument to make for the Jets.

I do want to see an end to the divisional playoff rounds. Not a big fan of clubs having to face pretty much the same other clubs every year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
7 seems to be the new five. That term tho ...
He's essentially getting the contract that he'd hope for on July 1st. I agree that 7mil could be some what feasible, if it were 3-5 years.

Even the 7 years you could deal with if it was dropping his cap hit to 4-5 mil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Predictions? I’m torn. I want to see the Caps get in but I have 3 TBL in the playoff pool so.....I just want to see an entertaining triple overtime game.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Predictions? I’m torn. I want to see the Caps get in but I have 3 TBL in the playoff pool so.....I just want to see an entertaining triple overtime game.
Predicting three OT goals, first two of which get overturned on coaches challenge.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
It was already a fallacy, but after this playoffs one would hope the "Ovechkin doesn't show up in the playoffs" comments from the media/fanbases will stop. Win or lose tonight.

Reactions: EagerPug

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Tampa gonna need the 3rd period of their lives. If they aren't on the PP they sure haven't had much going this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad