2017-18 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
Looks like Lilijgren lived up to form in his first prospects game for the Leafs. Apparently looked great on the PP but ended up -4 in a 5-2 loss.

Sounds about right.

Hard to believe that Liljegren being a -4 in a prospects game makes one of the top stories on Rogers/TSN.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
Chayka is doing very interesting work in Arizona.

I sometimes wish nobody cared about our team. Not letting our dumbass owner and GM/President off the hook, but the constant pressure from... let's say "low information" fans and media people is a huge drag and inhibits the sort of risk-taking that results in an unconventional hire like Chayka.

Gillis was a former NHL player and extremely prominent agent with 30+ years in pro hockey when he moved into management, and it broke the brains of so many people in this city. No chance they'd ever hire a kid like Chayka.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Chayka is playing chess while some of these other GMs are struggling to play that sorting block game

p6pMTHS.jpg

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Chayka is playing chess while some of these other GMs are struggling to play that sorting block game

UGGGGGGHHHH

And what the hell did we give up for Gudbranson?

Demers is a way better D-man and Arizona got him for NOTHING.

What are the Taxes like in Arizona?

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Wow Chayka! Wish he was our GM. Arizona will definitely be better than the Canucks this season, as long as Raanta holds up in net.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
UGGGGGGHHHH

And what the hell did we give up for Gudbranson?

Demers is a way better D-man and Arizona got him for NOTHING.

What are the Taxes like in Arizona?

heh, we might lose Guds for nothing if he bolts (pending UFA this season). So we could have basically rented an injured player for one healthy season (at the cost of a former 1st round pick + very high 2nd round pick).

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Apparrently Demers nixed a trade to Vancouver for Gudbranson.

Yeah, I imagine taxes, travel, and weather might have had something to do with it.

He has played in San Jose, Dallas, Florida, and now Arizona. Me thinks he likes hot, sunny weather.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, I imagine taxes, travel, and weather might have had something to do with it.

Living in Arizona, with little media exposure, cashing in paycheques and playing on a likely better team...good choice by Demers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad