2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Vegas wins in rather strange circumstances.

Bishop playing well, pitching a shutout for my fantasy team, then somehow takes a puck through is mask... Call in Lehtonen... Who somehow evades the game winning goal.

Vegas outshot by double while getting 8 penalties called in thier favor to 4 for Dallas. Didnt look good, albiet better than I thought they would be.

Fluky to say the least.

Lehtonen reminds me of when the Oilers had Khabibulin. He'd make the occasional big save, and sometimes he'd play well in stretches, but for the most part he'd let in completely deflating goals at the worst possible moments.

And it looks like Benn might have started declining even faster than Corey Perry did. Those big PWF scoring wingers...man once they lose it they go downhill fast.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
And it looks like Benn might have started declining even faster than Corey Perry did. Those big PWF scoring wingers...man once they lose it they go downhill fast.
If Benn is already slowing down he'll have the worst deal in the league by far. This is only year one of eight for his $9.5M/season contract.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If Benn is already slowing down he'll have the worst deal in the league by far. This is only year one of eight for his $9.5M/season contract.

He looked pretty good actually, him, Seguin and Radulov had a lot of chances but Fluery was huge. Also Radulov had a wide open net after a rebound scramble that Garrison got his stick in front of it at the last second and it deflected over the net. Radulov made a few selfish plays offensively when there were better options which IMO is par for the course for him.

I'm not sold on Dallas though. 5 of 6 of last years defensemen are back, Bishops play has been sliding the last couple years and I don't think Hitchcocks coaching methodology will mix well with the drama queens in the top end of that lineup.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Dallas looked good that game.

Fluery stop on his head. They took too many penalties and thier starter had to leave the game... was still total domination... against Vegas of course but still I would think Dallas is going to have a good year.

Methiot, Radulov, Hanzel, and Bishop are huge adds to an already strong team.

They got Pitlick too

To go along with Klingberg, Benn, Seguin, and Spezza is pretty OP.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Dallas looked good that game.

Fluery stop on his head. They took too many penalties and thier starter had to leave the game... was still total domination... against Vegas of course but still I would think Dallas is going to have a good year.

Methiot, Radulov, Hanzel, and Bishop are huge adds to an already strong team.

They got Pitlick too

To go along with Klingberg, Benn, Seguin, and Spezza is pretty OP.

Dallas is one of those teams I just don't know about. Like, they could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised.

Bishop had a rough camp and even with Methot, they're still more or less geared to outscore their problems and I wonder if Ken Hitchcock is going to suck the life out of that offense. I mean, they flourished under Lindy Ruff who has been known to promote big offensive numbers at the expense of everything else, so it's possible we see some real offensive regression under the wet blanket of Hitchcock.

It's a good division and a good conference. I'm not sure there so much better than, say, the Jets and built in a very similar way. Maybe the difference is Ben Bishop, if he can get up and running, but I don't feel like the Jets are a lock, so how can I be sure about the Stars?

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Dallas is one of those teams I just don't know about. Like, they could go either way and I wouldn't be surprised.

Lehtonen started that game because Bishop had a bad camp. Even with Methot, they're still more or less geared to outscore their problems and I wonder if Ken Hitchcock is going to suck the life out of that offense. I mean, they flourished under Lindy Ruff who has been known to promote big offensive numbers at the expense of everything else.

It's a good division and a good conference. I'm not sure there so much better than, say, the Jets and built in a very similar way. Maybe the difference is Ben Bishop, if he can get up and running, but I don't feel like the Jets are a lock, so how can I be sure about the Stars?
I'm pretty sure Bishop got the start, but then took a puck to the mask and had to leave.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Bishop was playing very well before he took a puck to the head and had to leave the game. Playing well enough that I believe they would have won if he stayed in. Not that Lehtonen was bad. Bishop just looked dialed in.

Seguin
Spezza
Hanzel
Faksa

Is one of the best group of centers in the league. Defense with Methiot far more balanced. Not a Hitchcock fan but Dallas weakness is defense...something Hitchcock will certainly help.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Bishop was playing very well before he took a puck to the head and had to leave the game. Playing well enough that I believe they would have won if he stayed in. Not that Lehtonen was bad. Bishop just looked dialed in.

Well I have to think that Bishop wouldn't have gone for that swim on Neal's game winner.

Reactions: Aerchon

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Around the league today:

Colorado at New Jersey @ NOON SNET, MSG+, ALT
New York Rangers at Toronto @ 5 PM CBC, MSG
Detroit at Ottawa @ 5 PM SN1, FS-D
Tampa Bay at Florida @ 5 PM FS-F, SUN
Buffalo at New York Islanders @ 5 PM MSG+, MSG-B
Nashville at Pittsburgh @ 5 PM NHLN-US, ATTSN-PT, FS-TN
Montreal at Washington @ 5 PM CITY, TVAS, NBCSWA
Minnesota at Carolina @ 5 PM FS-CR, FS-N
Dallas at St. Louis @ 6 PM FS-MW, FS-SW
Columbus at Chicago @ 6:30 PM WGN, FS-O
Vegas at Arizona @ 7 PM FS-A, ATTSN-RM
Philadelphia at Anaheim @ 8 PM PRIME, NBCSP
Winnipeg at Calgary @ 8 PM SN1, CITY
Los Angeles at San Jose @ 8:30 PM NBCSCA, FS-W

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Definitely going to check out the Toilet Bowl game between Colorado and New Jersey.

GrinningBuddha

Nov 22, 2010
Definitely going to check out the Toilet Bowl game between Colorado and New Jersey.

Don't be surprised to see New Jersey make a playoff run this year. They don't really have the D corps to be successful but they have some very talented young players and Cory Schneider is a good goalie. They will beat some good teams this year before bowing out.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Mar 15, 2007
Good example of Yakupov's career there. Bouncing puck in the offensive zone and instead of trying to corral the puck he swings at it for a shot like an oaf, causing an odd-man rush the other way for the Devils which they score on, putting the game out of reach.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Bernier with robbery after robbery...

Colorado don't look good.

... so, not to throw wood on the fire but that hit on Palmieri... Hall right infront of them (see over head camera, not clear on ice camera), no reaction. Hischier, a bit away, with not even a moment of stop-to-think goes right in and jumps EJ. At that point Hall, credit to him, comes back in. But that bit of "hestitation" is so much Oilers of the last 5-10 years...

Last edited:

Decade of Failure

Oct 7, 2017
Good example of Yakupov's career there. Bouncing puck in the offensive zone and instead of trying to corral the puck he swings at it for a shot like an oaf, causing an odd-man rush the other way for the Devils which they score on, putting the game out of reach.

Yeah, he's part of what sewered the team during his stay here. Seeing him fan on those pucks moments ago is a surprise to nobody. He's a tunnel visioning buffoon who even when gets a clear pass with nobody around somehow manages to lose control of the puck.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Capitals are blowing the doors off Montreal. 3-0 and they've only played 2:51. Ovechkin has already scored twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad