World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Gotta love the kids line.

Kind of interesting if we ever get Laine, Pulju, Aho, Barkov. All of them in some WHC tournament, who would be left outside of the line or would it be:

Laine-Barkov-X
Pulju-Aho-X

Depends of the other players available for the squad I guess, but still knowing how good chemistry they all got with Laine.

Laine-Aho-X
Barkov is not a good ctr for Laine. For some unknown reason doesn't seem to see him on the ice to pass to. Split them.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What did you guys think of the changes made to the D in the third, with all the left D swapping places.

Jokipakka sure was terrible. Was every single goal caused directly by his mistake? I'd bench him.

Lepistö was OK. Vatanen was much better. Määttä was pretty weak and Ristolainen was the king of defense. I'd say they worked out alright but they have to figure out what to do with Jokipakka if he passes more breakaway passes to opponents than he passes to his own teammates.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What did you guys think of the changes made to the D in the third, with all the left D swapping places.

Difficult to say, they weren't really tested as the Finns were the better team on that period.

Almost all of them though looked horrible the 1st 2 periods, but I can put that on jet lag.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Jokipakka sure was terrible. Was every single goal caused directly by his mistake? I'd bench him.

Lepistö was OK. Vatanen was much better. Määttä was pretty weak and Ristolainen was the king of defense. I'd say they worked out alright but they have to figure out what to do with Jokipakka if he passes more breakaway passes to opponents than he passes to his own teammates.

I like Kevin, was said to see him get traded, but I was kind of surprised to see him playing more minutes then Lindell, two years ago at Worlds Lindell was just much better than him for Finland. I know he's had more experience in the NHL since then, but still. Hope Lindell gets the chance to play with Ristolainen next game as well, they looked good together, seemed to click

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
If you can't tell I pretty much watch the Finnish games for whatever Dallas star happens to be on the team at the time. Lehtinen, Lehtonen, lately Lindell, Jokipokka, the junior teams for Honka and Hintz. Just glad the games are all in English this tournament

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If you can't tell I pretty much watch the Finnish games for whatever Dallas star happens to be on the team at the time. Lehtinen, Lehtonen, lately Lindell, Jokipokka, the junior teams for Honka and Hintz. Just glad the games are all in English this tournament

Honka is a defenseman our defense is screaming for, would have been nice to see him at the Worlds and maybe even here.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Honka is a defenseman our defense is screaming for, would have been nice to see him at the Worlds and maybe even here.

I'm almost certain he is the reason we let Demers walk this summer. With Klingberg and Johns already, I think Nill didnt want to commit long term to Demers and block Honka coming up next year, or possibly even midseason.

All three of Honka, Klingberg, and Lindell play very different games, so they all add something different. Very excited for the potential we have along the blue line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad