GDT: 2016 Winter Classic Alumni Game

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I miss Kovalev.

Not so long ago when this team had a powerplay watching him come off the half wall with quick release..

So nice to see him play in a Habs jersey again!

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Seeing Kovy on the ice just makes us nostalgic. It's been a long time since we had an exciting forward to cheer for.

Btw, we should just have signed Theo instead of trading for Scrivens.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Seeing Kovy on the ice just makes us nostalgic. It's been a long time since we had an exciting forward to cheer for.

Btw, we should just have signed Theo instead of trading for Scrivens.

Not before we get a hair sample tested.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I loved it. Had so much fun.

Seeing Breezer score was just icing on the cake. :D

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I didnt think Iafrate played on the Bruins...hmmmmmmmm

Traded Joe Juneau for him. It was a big deal at the time but Iafrate and his knees were done.

Be similar to what Vanek was for you. All hype and a hot mess for the short time in town....

Quick hockeydb stats show Vanek wasn't to bad statistically. I remember him being terrible ?!? Did he start off hot and then play bad down the stretch?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I'm surprised to hear that Glenn Healy almost became a Montreal Canadien, appearently he was in the coaches office getting ready to sign the paper before he signed with the Leafs instead.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Traded Joe Juneau for him. It was a big deal at the time but Iafrate and his knees were done.

Be similar to what Vanek was for you. All hype and a hot mess for the short time in town....

Quick hockeydb stats show Vanek wasn't to bad statistically. I remember him being terrible ?!? Did he start off hot and then play bad down the stretch?

Vanek was pretty good in the regular season. Him, Patches and DD were one of the hottest lines in the league down the stretch. He was productive in the regular season and was still able to put some points up in the playoffs but in the playoffs he was mostly invisible, especially when the Habs needed him against the Rangers. You could tell Vanek's heart was already in Minnesota during the conference finals. Therrien ended up just playing him on the 4th line with Briere and his time in Montreal basically ended there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00