Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v29) Next: @ BOS| Sun, Oct 2| 3pmET/12pmPT | Sanchez vs Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
They really shouldn't be celebrating this. Getting a 1 game wildcard is hardly making the playoffs, plus they really need to learn to hit, so they should hit the batting cages instead

Why not? Making the playoffs in baseball is really hard. The Jays missed for 20 straight years. It's not like the NHL where **** teams find their way into the playoffs as well.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Poor Biagini...dosen't drink and getting sprayed with alcohol.

It's a one game series but it's still the playoffs, there are 20 other teams not playing anymore.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
For everyone saying they shouldn't celebrate, literally every team would in this situation. The Yankees did the exact same thing last year, so did the Astros. The Giants are doing it right now, the O's are doing it right now, and the Mets did it as well.

Doesn't make it right, I just find it odd

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Poor Biagini...dosen't drink and getting sprayed with alcohol.

It's a one game series but it's still the playoffs, there are 20 other teams not playing anymore.

The Jays went a long time without ever being here and now we are here two years in a row and fans still have it in them to ***** and moan.

It's astonishing.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
I am, but I dont think this is worthy of an elaborate celebration. If they actually get to a real playoff series than you can celebrate

How many WC teams over the last two years haven't celebrated it like this? Even the Yankees and their stored history did.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Because their season continues past game 162? That's something worth celebrating when 20 other teams are cleaning up their lockers.

Especially after how long it took the Jays to be here. 20+ years was it with no playoffs? Now two years in a row and people still whine.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Does this seem weird to anyone else?

I HATE that I'm saying it because I hated the stuff people were saying last year of them partying and all the third stringers having to start the next day

But man, partying like this because you barely held onto the chance for 1 extra game that's in 48 hours from now.

And yes, I understand most other teams in the wildcard do this as well.

Still seems slightly odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad