Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v27) Next: @Sea| Wed, Sept 21| 3:30pmET/12:30pmPT | Sanchez vs Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Wow, that was some baaaad baserunning by Bautista but who thought sending him was a good idea?

It was a hit and run put on by the manager. It wasn't a straight steal, it was an attempt to get one of the middle infielders to move over and cover the base opening a hole for Martin.

Bautista was dead in the water the minute Martin swung and missed.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I missed the pitch that Martin swung through so will have to watch the highlights later, but I have a bad feeling that pitch was intentionally a bad pitch because Jose completely telegraphed a hit-and-run

and gibby never bothered to call it off

It was not. It was a fastball right down the middle that was a perfect hit and run pitch. If we could hit.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Russel Martin has a 29% strikeout rate on the season.

Gibbons picked a hell of a time to start trying to manage.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
I'm just curious why they weren't eyeing another starter.

And do what with him?

They've been carrying six starters all season (although Hutch was in the minors most of the time).

A 7th would have required a roster spot and wasn't necessary. Estrada was pitching through it just fine until recently.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Bautista was never running to steal. You know the strikeout was the last thing they had on their mind there.

Yep, but that's an issue when the batter strikes out in one third of his appearances.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Well no i mean, yes they got Lirano, but if they knew they were going to put Sanchez in the Bullpen (or limit his starts, like they are doing now) - and Estrada hurt his back and they were managing him like this:

but if he's still feeling it (i'd imagine), I'm just curious why they weren't eyeing another starter. no Shame Shame Shame, but i guess they felt they could work with what they had and Estrada felt manageable i suppose.

I mean if we take the player's words into account, he said right now is the best he has felt all season and the back isn't the reason for his tough stretch.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I mean if we take the player's words into account, he said right now is the best he has felt all season and the back isn't the reason for his tough stretch.

right. (I heard what Barry said). but i wonder if it is still an issue even if he doesn't want to admit it.

i guess (to answer Longshot) - if it was a Herniated disk, you just DL him until it gets better, and then when the roster expanded, you could bring Estrada back (like we did with Stro last year), that's my best guess anyway. like I said it's not a big criticism (not even a one at all) just a musing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad