Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v23) Next: @ BAL| Mon, Aug 29| 7pmET/4pmPT | Estrada vs Miley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
Okay... Do you know what type of value Votto provides? Reds eating that much money makes his contract worth the value.

That type of player is going to go for a good controllable starter, which is what Sanchez is. If you think you'll get Votto for spare parts, it won't happen.

Yeah but maybe a good pitcher is more valuable to the Jays moving forward?

Teams are going to value players differently than other teams, regardless of whatever stats you're using.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
If the Reds are gonna eat a big chunk and we're getting Votto, they're gonna want Sanchez. I don't mind that though. There's a few reasons to believe this might be selling high on Aaron.

Maybe that's what is holding up the deal from happening? If I we're Shapiro/Atkins, I would find it very hard to part with a guy who could potentially be your ace for the next 5-6 years for a 33 year old (mind you a very very good one)

I'm just hoping we wake up tomorrow and hear on the Fan 590 that they've made a deal... the deadline is a day away :(

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
No point leaving Marco out there versus Hardy and then yanking him. Just go to the pen and give Hardy a different look.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He's 33 but he's a 5 WAR 1B, which is extremely impressive. He has a great bat.

Yes he's expensive but I bet any trade for him includes Reds eating a large portion.

If they pay 40-45M of his contract I'd give up Sanchez for him.

i am even more impressed i understood what you mean! yay! I can speak baseball!

also. Aaron Sanchez? i don't think that would go over very well.

:laugh: that was such a loud cheer that strikeout happened i forgot that it was the O's at bat lol.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Selling high at 24 years old... Okay...

You do realize pitchers sometimes drop off regardless of how old they are right? Sanchez's delivery is also pretty aggressive, which makes him prone to injury. There are countless examples of pitchers falling off.

This team traded Noah Syndergaard and TDA for RA Dickey. They don't overvalue their own assets (although in hindsight they should've with Noah, but it was an all-in type of move at the time)

Edit: I should be clear that I like Sanchez. But getting Votto would be fantastic and you have to pay for it. I doubt they want Stro. Speaking of which Stro is a good example of a young pitcher regressing. Would anyone trade him last year? Pitching is volatile.

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
You do realize pitchers sometimes drop off regardless of how old they are right? Sanchez's delivery is also pretty aggressive, which makes him prone to injury. There are countless examples of pitchers falling off.

This team traded Noah Syndergaard and TDA for RA Dickey. They don't overvalue their own assets (although in hindsight they should've with Noah, but it was an all-in type of move at the time)

Love to see concrete evidence of this. Show me where Sanchez's delivery is injury-prone.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Okay... Do you know what type of value Votto provides? Reds eating that much money makes his contract worth the value.

That type of player is going to go for a good controllable starter, which is what Sanchez is. If you think you'll get Votto for spare parts, it won't happen.

If Votto played on a playoff team hes probably fromt runner for NL MVP right now. Hes that good. What those cheap **** rogers suits need to do is eat that money so they dont have to give up sanchez stro etc for him

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Maybe that's what is holding up the deal from happening? If I we're Shapiro/Atkins, I would find it very hard to part with a guy who could potentially be your ace for the next 5-6 years for a 33 year old (mind you a very very good one)

I'm just hoping we wake up tomorrow and hear on the Fan 590 that they've made a deal... the deadline is a day away :(
You and me both.

However I doubt this happens now, probably an offseason move.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
If Votto played on a playoff team hes probably fromt runner for NL MVP right now. Hes that good. What those cheap **** rogers suits need to do is eat that money so they dont have to give up sanchez stro etc for him

Hey that would be awesome but it still reduces their financial flexibility. All teams have payroll restrictions, it's just the way it is.

You're right though. Votto is just that good, I don't know if people realize just how good.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
i am even more impressed i understood what you mean! yay! I can speak baseball!

also. Aaron Sanchez? i don't think that would go over very well.

:laugh: that was such a loud cheer that strikeout happened i forgot that it was the O's at bat lol.

Also Votto is a Toronto boy!

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Love to see concrete evidence of this. Show me where Sanchez's delivery is injury-prone.

You can google this but here's a snippet:

Chris O’Leary listed Aaron Sanchez as one of the pitchers he foresaw as having injury troubles in the future. So I asked Chris about his thoughts on Aaron Sanchez, and he wasn’t confident that Aaron Sanchez has a future as a starting pitcher.

“Aaron Sanchez has a (sadly but increasingly common) horribly inefficient lower body and linear stride. Basically, his stride is overly stripped-down, un-athletic, and inefficient, all in the name of simplicity."

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Hey that would be awesome but it still reduces their financial flexibility. All teams have payroll restrictions, it's just the way it is.

You're right though. Votto is just that good, I don't know if people realize just how good.

They d make the money back on jersey sales aline. Votto is the canadian josh donaldson. Clutch, intense and a gamer. Jays fans would LOVE him.

no13matssundin

May 16, 2004
Also Votto is a Toronto boy!

On that count, I heard a semi-discouraging thing on the Fan the other that apparently Votto is a quiet kind of guy and likes his quiet time.. not being known and whatnot. Not unlike a hockey player playing in Nashville or Arizona. He has a no trade clause and if he comes to Toronto there is NO way the guy has any semblance of a quiet life seeing that he'd instantly become one of the key faces of the Franchise. It could be a reason for him to actually veto a move to TO. That what was mentioned anyways.

I hope they're dead wrong :D

Acoustic

Sep 29, 2014
You can google this but here's a snippet:

Chris O’Leary listed Aaron Sanchez as one of the pitchers he foresaw as having injury troubles in the future. So I asked Chris about his thoughts on Aaron Sanchez, and he wasn’t confident that Aaron Sanchez has a future as a starting pitcher.

“Aaron Sanchez has a (sadly but increasingly common) horribly inefficient lower body and linear stride. Basically, his stride is overly stripped-down, un-athletic, and inefficient, all in the name of simplicity."

Chris O'Leary says is not evidence. Try again plz.

I am not a doctor or healthcare professional and have no formal medical training. However, I have spent the past four years immersing myself in the physiology and kinesiology of pitching. In that time I have read literally every medical journal article that I can get my hands on (amounting to hundreds of articles). I have also done extensive research into the physiology of other overhead throwing sports like cricket, water polo, javelin, and handball.

Damn, sounds like an expert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad