Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v20) Next: @ KC| Sun, Aug 7| 2:15pmET/11:15amPT | Stroman vs Ventura

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I know the league doesn't make the call, I'm just thinking they could tell teams "Hey, don't be dicks and just challenge things because you can."

I'm usually really nervous on replays like that, but I breathed a huge sigh of relief as soon as they showed the first replay. He slid right into the glove.

I don't know, if Gibbons doesn't challenge the play in that situation just because he cares what the league thinks about it, I'd be pretty upset.

I've watched the replay a couple of times, and it sort of looks like the runner slides past Barney's glove instead of running into it...but without slo-mo I really can't tell.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Taking a second to sit back and realize the Jays have only had 3 starts not from their original 5 this year. And none of those 3 were replacing other starters because of injuries. Hutch spot started twice, mainly to move Estrada and Sanchez back, and now Liriano.

We were remarkably healthy last year and had 11 different starters, just 3 non original rotation starts into August is remarkable

You're gonna jinx it.

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
It was selfish of him to hit a HR instead of playing team ball and just getting a double.

Ya, your right. Gibbons better talk to him, we need him on 2nd so all of our best hitters can strikeout or lineout and not have him score. Us getting on the board would be way way worse than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad