Proposal: 2016 Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
Yes, realistically Lazar should not net us Hutton, and maybe The Sens would have to add sure. I'm looking at the type of deals Benning makes, this is a guy who traded McCann and a pick for Gudbranson, and re-signed Sbisa. I'm sure the Sens could sway Benning into taking a Western Hockey kid and selling them on that idea. Maybe the Sens have to add a Dman, Lazar + Claesson for Hutton??

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yes, realistically Lazar should not net us Hutton, and maybe The Sens would have to add sure. I'm looking at the type of deals Benning makes, this is a guy who traded McCann and a pick for Gudbranson, and re-signed Sbisa. I'm sure the Sens could sway Benning into taking a Western Hockey kid and selling them on that idea. Maybe the Sens have to add a Dman, Lazar + Claesson for Hutton??

We don't have to add to lazar to get Hutton.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Curtis Lazar+Matt Puempel+Colin White+Clarke MacArthur+2017 First Round Pick+2018 First Round Pick
for
Sedin Twins (Half Retained at 3.5M each for the next two seasons)

/EA NHL TRADE

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Wow. There's not a single part of this deal I don't absolutely hate.

You have to pay GMs extra in order to get them to accept a retained salary trade or else you'll get a message on your Blackberry informing you that they like the trade on the surface but aren't comfortable with retaining the amount you desire in salary.

Lazar also never gets past low 80s in EA NHL so I think that probably means he is a bust in real life. We should do it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Curtis Lazar+Matt Puempel+Colin White+Clarke MacArthur+2017 First Round Pick+2018 First Round Pick
for
Sedin Twins (Half Retained at 3.5M each for the next two seasons)

/EA NHL TRADE

....why the hell would we do that?

Sedins are going to retire in two years (or less). Plus, both of them are now injury prone and in decline.

I wouldn't give up White and a pick for both of them (at any price), let alone give the Canucks a bigger package.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
....why the hell would we do that?

Sedins are going to retire in two years (or less). Plus, both of them are now injury prone and in decline.

I wouldn't give up White and a pick for both of them (at any price), let alone give the Canucks a bigger package.

If you were a team like Nashville, that might be a good idea; They have a rock solid D, and some good pieces up front. The Sedin's would launch them into cup favourites imo. Assuming the move Jarnrok vice Lazar, some b prospect vice Puempel, a top prospect vice White, and Ribeiro instead of MacArthur, you get a damn good top 9, great D, and solid goaltending. That`s a cup contender right there.

Forsberg-Johanson-Smith
Sedin-Sedin-Neal
Wilson-Fisher-Arvidsson

Josi-Subban
Ellis-Ekholm
Bitetto-Weber

Rinne

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
I think I started a tire fire on HFRedWings, asking about Quincey vs Smith. :nod:

giphy.gif

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think I started a tire fire on HFRedWings, asking about Quincey vs Smith. :nod:

Ottawa should not be trading any players that play with some grit, what they need is more players like that, not less. This team has way too many soft players on it as is.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa should not be trading any players that play with some grit, what they need is more players like that, not less. This team has way too many soft players on it as is.

Not that it's important, but Brendan Smith vs Quincey, not Zack.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's the guy some want in our top 4 :laugh:

Really? wait... which one?

No, it doesn't really matter which one. I mean, I could live with Quincey as a last resort to avoid ending up with Boro paired with Karlsson after Methot gets drafted by LV, but to me, he's a bottom pair guy and that's it. I'd be ok with him on the bottom pair, but wouldn't give him more than a 2 year deal.

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa

Players with more grit, yes we need more Boro's, less Hoffmans? Gotcha

ekarlsson65

Jan 11, 2015
Ottawa
The debates between Smith and Quincey and/or Methot are not the issue. If you bring valid points to an argument I'm all for it looking at different perspectives. If you want to argue Smith is not a top 4 D because he was benched in DET or he's soft, that's a terrible argument. I find more humour in asking these individuals who **** on Smith who the Sens could replace as a top 4 D in the case they lose Methot to LV, without having to give up assets. I've yet to see a viable solution.

And no..Chabot is not a solution at 19 years of age, let the guy grow a bit on the 3rd pairing for a couple of years.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The debates between Smith and Quincey and/or Methot are not the issue. If you bring valid points to an argument I'm all for it looking at different perspectives. If you want to argue Smith is not a top 4 D because he was benched in DET or he's soft, that's a terrible argument. I find more humour in asking these individuals who **** on Smith who the Sens could replace as a top 4 D in the case they lose Methot to LV, without having to give up assets. I've yet to see a viable solution.

And no..Chabot is not a solution at 19 years of age, let the guy grow a bit on the 3rd pairing for a couple of years.

Smith is not a viable solution to a top 4 problem, at all. That is the point everyone is making.

It's going to have to be addressed, and it will through UFA or trade. Smith will not be given a second of thought to come into our top 4. It isn't even worth thinking about.

A team doesn't healthy scratch top 4 D, let alone in the playoffs, for anything other than off ice issues.

A guy, who doesn't even play top 4 when he does play, and is a healthy scratch, is more than enough proof that he isn't a top 4 player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad