WC: 2016 Team Latvia

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
So with Kenins possibly getting DSQed out top 6 looks something like this :
Abols-Girgensons-Daugy
Miķelis-Džeriņš-Indrašis

Im really torn on what we should do with our goalies, we have two really good goalies both playing well, its gonna be tough call either way for Beresņevs.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Big game tomorrow not even taking into account the historical and symbolic undertones. Lets see what we can do, i really dont think we will be taking any points from Russia but id be happy for our guys to prove me wrong.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Big game tomorrow not even taking into account the historical and symbolic undertones. Lets see what we can do, i really dont think we will be taking any points from Russia but id be happy for our guys to prove me wrong.

We always seem to be too defensive against Russia to such extent, that we allow them situational control over everything. yes, they are much stronger, but often it's because we're too afraid...

Latgale_fan

Apr 13, 2007
Riga
We always seem to be too defensive against Russia to such extent, that we allow them situational control over everything. yes, they are much stronger, but often it's because we're too afraid...

Well they are also indoctrinated to hate us for historic reasons and these games often happen around the historically significant date, so they are also usually well motivated, as they should be this time too

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
It kinda feels like we are on track to repeat the perfomance curve of last season - encouraging signs at the beginning of tournament and then sharp drop in level of play with inabilty to score. Let be honest we were brutal against Russia and Switzerland.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It kinda feels like we are on track to repeat the perfomance curve of last season - encouraging signs at the beginning of tournament and then sharp drop in level of play with inabilty to score. Let be honest we were brutal against Russia and Switzerland.

I wouldnt say we were brutal against Swiss, Edža was though, im almost certain that if Elvis played we would have won that game.
Also what do you mean with inabitlity to score? We scored 4 against Swiss and 3 against Czechs, it aint all that bad .

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I wouldnt say we were brutal against Swiss, Edža was though, im almost certain that if Elvis played we would have won that game.
Also what do you mean with inabitlity to score? We scored 4 against Swiss and 3 against Czechs, it aint all that bad .

You did watch the game, right? :) You saw what shots went in for us? Also putting up two shots in last 20 minutes was more indicative of our performance than the fluky comeback. :/ But yes, Masalskis wasn't stellar either.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
You did watch the game, right? :) You saw what shots went in for us? Also putting up two shots in last 20 minutes was more indicative of our performance than the fluky comeback. :/ But yes, Masalskis wasn't stellar either.
So what now? Roll over and give up? Hell no. We got a chance at quarters, its all in our heads if we can put the swiss game behind us, wr can win Denmark tomorrow, if not ,well...

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
So what now? Roll over and give up? Hell no. We got a chance at quarters, its all in our heads if we can put the swiss game behind us, wr can win Denmark tomorrow, if not ,well...

Nothing I do on this side of my PC matters anyway haha. Anyway I'm just saying that I see a worrying trend, that's all.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
So, guys, we squeezed through the eye of a needle once again. What are your thoughts? What's next? Can we do better? Yes, we didn't have all of our best players this year, but neither did other countries. Let's face it, we are weaker than majority of the teams. I know it won't happen, but would Lipman's resignation be a good sign to our hockey management and its future development? Is he really the anchor, that hinders any progress? After what he said about Sprukts, I don't think a vulgar person like him deserves to hold a responsible position in LHF.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
We are not out of the woods just yet. Unlikely, but if France finishes last in the other group, we still be going down if all the results go against us.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
We are not out of the woods just yet. Unlikely, but if France finishes last in the other group, we still be going down if all the results go against us.

I though the last team from each group gets relegated. So we still can be relegated?

Rugbyplayer*

Mar 9, 2016
So, guys, we squeezed through the eye of a needle once again. What are your thoughts? What's next? Can we do better? Yes, we didn't have all of our best players this year, but neither did other countries. Let's face it, we are weaker than majority of the teams. I know it won't happen, but would Lipman's resignation be a good sign to our hockey management and its future development? Is he really the anchor, that hinders any progress? After what he said about Sprukts, I don't think a vulgar person like him deserves to hold a responsible position in LHF.

If by majority of the teams you meant Canada, Russia and so forth then yes we are weaker. But in no way, shape or form we are weaker than Norway, France, Denmark and the likes. I'd say we are on the same level and close games against Switzerland and Denmark clearly demonstrated it.
Mr. Lipmans should have relinquished his chair a long time ago. We need young blood and go from there. Will the things be better? Who knows! But what is for sure is that they will be different.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad