sub: Yuri Sergiyenko

Nigel Dawes - Dustin Boyd - Brandon Bochenski
Vadim Krasnoloslobodtsev - Maxim Khudyakov - Konstantin Pushkaryov
Talgat Zhailauov - Roman Starchenko - Konstantin Romanov
Mikhail Panshin - Ilya Solarev - Konstantin Rudenko

13. Fyodor Polischuk,14. Yevgeni Rymarev

sub: Andrei Spiridonov, Alexei Vorontsov

These are Kozacks now?
Are Kazakhstan playing in the WC? Thought it was only top 6 + gimmick European team and NA U23.

HC Jets

Jan 11, 2015
Vitali Kolesnik
Pavel Poluektov
Alexei Ivanov/Dmitri Malgin

Alexei Vasilchenko - Kevin Dallman
Maxim Semyonov - Roman Savchenko
Alexander Lipin - Vyacheslav Tryasunov
Alexei Litvinenko - Leonid Metalnikov

sub: Yuri Sergiyenko

Vadim Krasnoloslobodtsev - Maxim Khudyakov - Konstantin Pushkaryov
Talgat Zhailauov - Roman Starchenko - Konstantin Romanov
Mikhail Panshin - Ilya Solarev - Konstantin Rudenko

13. Fyodor Polischuk,14. Yevgeni Rymarev

sub: Andrei Spiridonov, Alexei Vorontsov

No Antropov???

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
No Antropov???

Antropov is as good as retired. Has not played in a year.

Also Sergiyenko, has given up his passport in order to not count as foreigner in KHL, just like Viktor Alexandrov and Semyon Koshelev.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
It s kind of joke the first line. All 3 became Kasakhs. Hum, for sure it was not hard to have the paper.

But enjoy.It ll be a good line.

They did all have to spend at least 4 years playing in Kazakhstan (and I think all of them have been there at least 5 years, with Bochenski being there 6 years), and its not unusual for countries to give athletes citizenship in order to have the play. That said, it is a bit of a joke for a country to do this, especially one with an established hockey tradition like Kazakhstan.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Litvinenko, Rudenko are injured, Romanov too.

Vitali Kolesnik
Pavel Poluektov
Alexei Ivanov/Dmitri Malgin

Roman Savcenko - Kevin Dallman
Maxim Semyonov - Leonid Metalnikov
Alexander Lipin - Vyacheslav Tryasunov
Artemi Lakiza - Yevgeni Fadayev/ Andrei Korabeynikov

Vadim Krasnoslobodtsev - Maxim Khudyakov - Konstantin Pushkaryov
Talgat Zhailauov - Roman Starchenko - Yevgeni Rymarev
Alexei Vorontstov - Ilya Solarev - Mikhail Panshin
Andrei Spiridonov, Mikhail Rakhmanov

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
I just noticed the first line. I am not sure what to think about it, is it stupid or cool? It certainly is funny.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
The world certainly changed in the last few decades. It's much easier to settle somewhere else and be part of that country and as the whole first line now played for 5 or more years in Kazakhstan I don't think it's stupid. It's just the reality of our world in the 21st century.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
The world certainly changed in the last few decades. It's much easier to settle somewhere else and be part of that country and as the whole first line now played for 5 or more years in Kazakhstan I don't think it's stupid. It's just the reality of our world in the 21st century.

They haven't settled in Kazakhstan because they love the arid steppes and the polluted, desolate urban environment or the glamurous Soviet apartment complexes. The only reason they're there is money. They were paid to be there. They were paid to become national team players with Team Kazakhstan from the day they first set foot on Kazakhstani soil.

They have no connection to Kazakhstan. They don't speak the language. They don't call it home. They will leave as soon as their services will no longer be needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
They haven't settled in Kazakhstan because they love the arid steppes and the polluted, desolate urban environment or the glamurous Soviet apartment complexes. The only reason they're there is money. They were paid to be there. They were paid to become national team players with Team Kazakhstan from the day they first set foot on Kazakhstani soil.

They have no connection to Kazakhstan. They don't speak the language. They don't call it home. They will leave as soon as their services will no longer be needed.

While I agree with your message, the bolded part is about Astana? Really? Arrogant and untrue

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

I'm surprised they even allowed Dallman back in the country. Didn't his wife piss off the authorities with her not so positive impressions of the country in social media?

I've been to Kazakhstan...and everything has a price, but I can't imagine what the $$$ figure would be to get me to live there...but I do hope their pension funds are now topped up and overflowing. taking care and providing for your family is priority #1.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
I'm surprised they even allowed Dallman back in the country. Didn't his wife piss off the authorities with her not so positive impressions of the country in social media?

I've been to Kazakhstan...and everything has a price, but I can't imagine what the $$$ figure would be to get me to live there...but I do hope their pension funds are now topped up and overflowing. taking care and providing for your family is priority #1.

Where exactly?

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
While I agree with your message, the bolded part is about Astana? Really? Arrogant and untrue
Who said anything about Astana specifically?

Astana is where all the public funds go. And, just to be clear, Astana doesn't look good either. The way they've built the city is typical of authoritarian societies, it's all been centralized and it's not based on any free market forces. Yes, there's a bunch of glass skyscrapers now, but once you see them, there's a strong North Korean-esque vibe going on.
Astana-Kazakhsta.jpg

Especially when you realize that they're wasting billions on useless, fancy buildings when the minimum wage is about €50 a month.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010

Most of the people settle somewhere else because of money, because they got a good job there and maybe earn more there than everywhere else. I don't blame them for trying to get the most out of their skills.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Most of the people settle somewhere else because of money, because they got a good job there and maybe earn more there than everywhere else. I don't blame them for trying to get the most out of their skills.
No one's blaming them for being mercenaries, it's just absurd both from the perspective of the Kazakhstani hockey system (what are they gaining from this?) and from the perspective of international competition in general, which loses its purpose when it's a bunch of mercenaries playing all of the leading roles for another country.

Bochenski, Dallman, Boyd and Dawes are basically the hockey equivalent of those 2 ridiculous skyscrapers in the picture I posted earlier.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
No one's blaming them for being mercenaries, it's just absurd both from the perspective of the Kazakhstani hockey system (what are they gaining from this?) and from the perspective of international competition in general, which loses its purpose when it's a bunch of mercenaries playing all of the leading roles for another country.

Bochenski, Dallman, Boyd and Dawes are basically the hockey equivalent of those 2 ridiculous skyscrapers in the picture I posted earlier.
Theoretically they gain exposure and positive press if they manage to stay up.

Historically it's been proven that mercenaries stunt the growth and progression of hockey in a country, however, are Bochenski, Dallman, Boyd and Dawes good enough to be worth it? Kazakhstan hockey fed thinks so...

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Almaty. several times I was there. all work related. that was 6 years ago.

OK, Astana is a new capital and they invest a lot of money there. So, for a rich westerner it's quite fine there.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Theoretically they gain exposure and positive press if they manage to stay up.

Historically it's been proven that mercenaries stunt the growth and progression of hockey in a country, however, are Bochenski, Dallman, Boyd and Dawes good enough to be worth it? Kazakhstan hockey fed thinks so...
Hockey and bandy are already highly popular in Kazakhstan. A good comparison would be Sweden, where hockey competes with soccer for the 1st place among all sports. It's the same in Kazakhstan, except bandy is also popular as a type of hockey.

This is no Italy or France or Croatia. They don't exactly need added exposure.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Who said anything about Astana specifically?

Astana is where all the public funds go. And, just to be clear, Astana doesn't look good either. The way they've built the city is typical of authoritarian societies, it's all been centralized and it's not based on any free market forces. Yes, there's a bunch of glass skyscrapers now, but once you see them, there's a strong North Korean-esque vibe going on.
Astana-Kazakhsta.jpg

Especially when you realize that they're wasting billions on useless, fancy buildings when the minimum wage is about €50 a month.

Well, Barys is located in Astana. So these NA imports haven't seen the soviet rectangular khrushevkas that much.
Public funds of Kazakhstan and where they go is a matter of people of Kazakhstan.
Free market is not some universal moral code.

North Korean vibe? It's Asia. That's what they do. Is it really hard to acept and move on?

"Fancy buildings" in Europe were also built when majority of the population were barely surviving. Empire State Building was built during the Great Depression. I am not really getting your point. This guys went there to play hockey not to bring social justice or smth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad