WC: 2016 Team Belarus

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
The differense is:
1) Atyom Demkov went to the ECHL as a 22 years old prospect and by the age of 24 he played in the AHL. He's a border line 4th liner for the Belarus team.
Freibergs is a 24 years old who spent this entire season in the ECHL and didn't even sniff AHL. He gonna be your top-6 defenseman. Gotovets, who spent the entire season in the Hawks AHL farm-club, probably won't crack this Belarus roster.
I know I already called this one out but...ironically and predictably Gotovets features as a last minute late edition despite having missed most of the preparations and not played in any friendly matches. so much for not cracking the roster.

Last edited by a moderator:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I think this might be the best Belarussian roster in a decade or so at very least. It would be a disappointment if they dint't make quarters.

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
I think this might be the best Belarussian roster in a decade or so at very least. It would be a disappointment if they dint't make quarters.
still missing grabovski, graborenko, denisov, bailen, stasenko. so, i guess, team belarus primary concern is defence.

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
Already missing the player you have never had? :laugh:
:nod: kinda...the available d-men are no match to this guy in terms of passing and scoring. alas, the belarusian hockey system has failed to raise offencively capable d-men of such caliber that's why we have to rely on imports.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
No matter what's the outcome of the tornament, I imagine there will be impressive witch hunt going on in Belarussian hockey.

Dima_BLR

May 13, 2006
Good Old Europe
No matter what's the outcome of the tornament, I imagine there will be impressive witch hunt going on in Belarussian hockey.
and what about team latvia who bravely ended up among the "bottom dwellers" one step behind those troubled belarusians? no need for witch-hunting as the future looks rosy and bright? :laugh:

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
and what about team latvia who bravely ended up among the "bottom dwellers" one step behind those troubled belarusians? no need for witch-hunting as the future looks rosy and bright? :laugh:
If you show your hand and win, things might feel a little bit better. When you show your hand and lose, you will wish you had never showed your hand at all.

The Korobov kid went back to Minsk today, eats up another Minsk contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad