2016 Tank & Rebuild Thread: 5 pts Between Us & EDM...But CGY boy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Slipped my mind putting them on the wings. I hope we draft some boom or bust defensemen after our number one, because we need them. I really don't think we need to draft too many more forwards.

Lol remember the off seasons where every spot was already locked up by a vet and rookies never stood a chance of making the team.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
I'm surprised there isn't more discussion going on about Calgary's AGM scouting the Leafs tonight. Bernier isn't in net, he's there for someone else. I'm pretty excited at thinking about the possibilities.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
2015? Big game tonight, hopefully he can pass the Oilers in the McDavid sweepstakes again :)

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
What ever post number this is in this thread is where we will draft in the first round.

With our second first round pick after trading up. :)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I'm surprised there isn't more discussion going on about Calgary's AGM scouting the Leafs tonight. Bernier isn't in net, he's there for someone else. I'm pretty excited at thinking about the possibilities.

Whoever it is - i want Sean Monahan back.
Burke owes us.
Edmonton could have had Dion or Seth and sat on their hands.

Question for everyone. At what point would you try and trade some our picks for young players? Maybe a team is having trouble signing an RFA , would you give up one or two of our many seconds to land an RFA defenseman or stay the course and just draft?

I would say - when the time is right. but seriously I think you'd have to be sure. that kind of stuff scares the poop out of me right now because we're so bad at it for so long.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto

I figured after Bernier got pulled, any hope of a trade with Calgary evaporated. But I guess it's after someone else, who they think is worth sending both Burke and an AGM to scout.

Or he's scouting Nashville.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The Other thread was full -
here was the old thread
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2029217&page=40

starting tonight (since It's close enough - it's time to start tracking our picks guys)!

Yeesssss mom;)

so

on tracking our picks

well I'm superstitious, so I won't go into great detail BUT

IF one looks hard enough at us and Pitts 1rst and
our 2nd

games in hand and ROW tie breakers

well call me a happy camper.

PS, good to be back trapper

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Attah boy holly

showing some pro grit

been waiting to see that from you for a long time.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
The Tank is looking strong so far vs Nashville.

Now we just need Edmonton to win some damn games!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Under the heading of Dumbest no nothing toronto media: kevin Mcgran of the star is spewing that Lou is kicking tires in Bickell from chicago. He has 4 million this year and next with a limited no trade clause.

Why would he agree to go to the leafs I'm wondering. If thats true Chicago would have to give a 1st round pick minimum. Not likely after trading last years 1st rounder i would think.

I hate toronto media including all major networks. I hope Lou continues starving these low life vultures right out of it.

We don't need the overpaid scavengers! The good blog sites that write fair and honest and as fans are better respected.

Screw every media outlet i despise them.

Last edited:

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
Under the heading of Dumbest no nothing toronto media: kevin Mcgran of the star is spewing that Lou is kicking tires in Bickell from chicago. He has 4 million this year and next with a limited no trade clause.

Why would he agree to go to the leafs I'm wondering. If thats true Chicago would have to give a 1st round pick minimum. Not likely after trading last years 1st rounder i would think.

I hate toronto media including all major networks. I hope Lou continues starving these low life vultures right out of it.

So he can play in the NHL regularly. He's played more in the AHL than the NHL this season. Also, a chance to prove he's still got it.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

We don't even need the overpaid scavengers with good blog sites that write fair and honest and as fans.

So far all of the trades Lou has made no one heard about prior to them happening. I'm of the believe that if the media is reporting about it chances are it's not true. Now if somehow Bob McKenzie would report it I might believe him since he has a great track record and is a respected insider.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
So he can play in the NHL regularly. He's played more in the AHL than the NHL this season. Also, a chance to prove he's still got it.

Did you just ignore all the other reasons. You think Chicago is really willing to give up their 1st round pick too?

Two years @ $4,000,000 is definitely a first or a top prospect. Doesn't seem likely to me.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

We don't even need the overpaid scavengers with good blog sites that write fair and honest and as fans.

Opens up the cap space for teh hawks? that's 4 million we take out of their hands while we likely get a prospect/ pick

KGL

Sep 5, 2014
Did you just ignore all the other reasons. You think Chicago is really willing to give up their 1st round pick too?

Two years @ $4,000,000 is definitely a first or a top prospect. Doesn't seem likely to me.

I was addressing the part I bolded. Which is why it was bolded.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

Bottom 5 NHL team > AHL team

A trade that does make more sense for both teams:

JVR to Hawks for 1st + prospect + Bickell (dump)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad