Transfer: 2016 Summer transfer discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
No it isn't. Not sure what he sees in ManU or Arsenal tbh but that's ok. Dortmund will eventually be fine without him. Might as well let him leave for free next summer.

Meanwhile, time for me to find a new avatar.

Allure of EPL football.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Joyce confirms that Sadio Mane is someone Klopp is interested in.

Sigh, here is another 30M pounds Southampton.

If he wasn't from Southampton no one would be complaining about signing him. He is actually the one I player that, (trait-wise) Liverpool actually needs that they have been linked with.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
No idea what offensive player would prefer Mourinho to Tuchel as far as style of play goes.

I'm wondering how contract negotiations deteriorated like this. A few months ago even Raiola was saying Dortmund had made a great contract offer and Juventus and co would have to look elsewhere.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good idea thanks

Your welcome.

If Dortmund wants to be challenging for the Champions League title soon, keeping Mkhitaryan is important, but with the signings of Mor and Dembele to go along with Pulisic and Passlack, there are young replacements who could in a few years be that level of player. Dortmund is prepared.

I think Mkhitaryan should be kept for next season. If Dortmund goes into the season with no Mkhitaryan and an injured Reus, you are relying on the four teenagers, Castro and Durm to fill those positions. Maybe they could fill one position, but not two. Thats expecting too much.

By the following season, those players should be ready to make their marks as starter level players for Dortmund, otherwise they might not be as good as suspected.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Your welcome.

If Dortmund wants to be challenging for the Champions League title soon, keeping Mkhitaryan is important, but with the signings of Mor and Dembele to go along with Pulisic and Passlack, there are young replacements who could in a few years be that level of player. Dortmund is prepared.

I think Mkhitaryan should be kept for next season. If Dortmund goes into the season with no Mkhitaryan and an injured Reus, you are relying on the four teenagers, Castro and Durm to fill those positions. Maybe they could fill one position, but not two. Thats expecting too much.

By the following season, those players should be ready to make their marks as starter level players for Dortmund, otherwise they might not be as good as suspected.

Yeah, he needs to be kept this year due to inexperienced and unproven players. Next summer he can leave for free and Dortmund can sign Götze for free.

It will be funny to listen to Raiola whining all year if they take that path.

BTW re:Reus, apparently he won't be out nearly as long as Bild first reported.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Dortmund can't continue to be run like they are. Letting Mkhitaryan walk for nothing next summer is the kind of move that kills clubs. At some point, you need to take a hit and let go of your pride. Take that 30 million and invest it. The Bundesliga isn't strong or deep enough for Dortmund not to finish in a CL place without Mkhitaryan anyways. So you can't argue that potentially losing a CL spot without him > getting that CL money while letting him walk.

It's pretty clear that Manchester United and Arsenal are more appealing. They offer more money, play on a grander stage, and allow the players brand + image to grow further. With Mourinho at United though, they take a little hit.

Hell, if Arsenal were in that position with any of their players, I would definitely want them to sell.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Dortmund can't continue to be run like they are. Letting Mkhitaryan walk for nothing next summer is the kind of move that kills clubs. At some point, you need to take a hit and let go of your pride. Take that 30 million and invest it. The Bundesliga isn't strong or deep enough for Dortmund not to finish in a CL place without Mkhitaryan anyways. So you can't argue that potentially losing a CL spot without him > getting that CL money while letting him walk.

It's pretty clear that Manchester United and Arsenal are more appealing. They offer more money, play on a grander stage, and allow the players brand + image to grow further. With Mourinho at United though, they take a little hit.

Hell, if Arsenal were in that position with any of their players, I would definitely want them to sell.

"Grander stage"... good to see you back.

The club is run extremely well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Meh, I think Mkhitaryan gets severely overrated on here, but I would absolutely take him on Arsenal. He's still a good player within his limits, but I am all for the sake to improve this clubs depth and he does that.

Done deal
Wow, I love this move for WHU.

Watzke has confirmed to BILD that Mkhitaryan will not extend his contract.

BILD is also saying that Dortmund will not allow him to leave this summer. If this is true, then it's another massively **** decision by the club. It's time to cash in on him.
Wow, sounds like a potential move to Arsenal isn't just bull****. Big loss for BVB, seems like the ship sinks or swims with Reus (even if it sounds like he might be out until the new year).

"Grander stage"... good to see you back.

The club is run extremely well.
Well, EPL does have a "better" aura in the footballing world than Bundesliga, even if Bayern is able to mop the floor with any team in England/Wales. I don't think Germany comes close to the same amount of Asian or Middle East fanbases as EPL does. Again this isn't meant to be negative comment to BuLi, just that the "grander scale" comment is a realistic matter.

Yeah no arguments that BVB is an extremely well ran club, but so is Southampton.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Meh, I think Mkhitaryan gets severely overrated on here, but I would absolutely take him on Arsenal. He's still a good player within his limits, but I am all for the sake to improve this clubs depth and he does that.

Wow, I love this move for WHU.

Wow, sounds like a potential move to Arsenal isn't just bull****. Big loss for BVB, seems like the ship sinks or swims with Reus (even if it sounds like he might be out until the new year).

Well, EPL does have a "better" aura in the footballing world than Bundesliga, even if Bayern is able to mop the floor with any team in England/Wales. I don't think Germany comes close to the same amount of Asian or Middle East fanbases as EPL does. Again this isn't meant to be negative comment to BuLi, just that the "grander scale" comment is a realistic matter.

Yeah no arguments that BVB is an extremely well ran club, but so is Southampton.

Tuchel's ship doesn't sink or swim with Reus. You'd be hard-pressed to find a regular watcher of Dortmund this season who would argue Reus is the most important player on the team.

United won't be in the CL next year despite their grand domestic stage and Dortmund will. So yeah.

Mkhitaryan was the best player in the Bundesliga this season. Your assessment of him is wrong. :)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The EPL is the most watched sports league in the world, of course it's a grander stage. That isn't even a question.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
CL is a grander stage sorry bout it

Of course, but it's not a domestic league. 38 EPL games plus the money that comes with it plus the chance at also getting CL football is going to be better for most players than the 8 CL games Dortmund will play. There are obviously exceptions like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, etc. that have more prestige and can also pay the money.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Of course, but it's not a domestic league. 38 EPL games plus the money that comes with it plus the chance at also getting CL football is going to be better for most players than the 8 CL games Dortmund will play. There are obviously exceptions like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern, etc. that have more prestige and can also pay the money.

If you say so fam

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
No idea what offensive player would prefer Mourinho to Tuchel as far as style of play goes.

I'm wondering how contract negotiations deteriorated like this. A few months ago even Raiola was saying Dortmund had made a great contract offer and Juventus and co would have to look elsewhere.

Raiola and United don't have the best relationship historically. Maybe since Fergie left, Raiola has gotten over it (would seem so with Ibra rumors). But I wouldn't put it past Raiola to use his Ibra discussions to pull one over on Woodward. Or maybe he's trying to win Woodwards trust and get him to pay crazy $$ for Pogba.

I just have a bad feeling about Raiola/United suddenly becoming buddy buddy. Seems odd. Money can do that I guess though

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Raiola and United don't have the best relationship historically. Maybe since Fergie left, Raiola has gotten over it (would seem so with Ibra rumors). But I wouldn't put it past Raiola to use his Ibra discussions to pull one over on Woodward. Or maybe he's trying to win Woodwards trust and get him to pay crazy $$ for Pogba.

I just have a bad feeling about Raiola/United suddenly becoming buddy buddy. Seems odd. Money can do that I guess though

Hmm yeah IDK. You can't trust him. He wants big wages and big fees and he knows United are desperate for better players and have a ton of money.

I trust Watzke at least, but he also said Gündogan would leave for sure last summer. I think Dortmund wants to take care of all their business really early, and it seems Raiola is intent on drawing this out for attention and trying to find the highest bidder. Maybe Raiola will eventually settle back on Dortmund if he doesn't get the offers that he wants later in the summer. IDK what's going through Mkhi's mind, either. I never thought he was just a mercenary, and he still hasn't won anything in his career apart from the Ukrainian league. Hard to argue that United, Chelsea, or Arsenal are in a better position to win than Dortmund right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad