2016 Playoffs Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Maybe it's just me but I feel so little intrigue and desire to watch the playoffs this year. Maybe it's the overbearing feeling at the Kings or Hawks will win it again, or maybe it's because the Oilers have worn me out but I just... don't care all that much, at least at the moment.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Maybe it's just me but I feel so little intrigue and desire to watch the playoffs this year. Maybe it's the overbearing feeling at the Kings or Hawks will win it again, or maybe it's because the Oilers have worn me out but I just... don't care all that much, at least at the moment.

I understand this, but for me I am pretty stoked for Florida and will be following them. I've been a half-fan of theirs for a few years now just because I liked the way they were being built. I like a bunch of their players like Barkov, Bjugstad, Ekblad, Kulikov, and of course Jagr. Jagr is such a great story this year for them.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

I suggest entering a playoff pool to keep you interested in the playoffs
I entered the NAIT playoff pool a couple years ago which had a $50,000 prize i believe and i ended up watching the vast majority of the games that year. Finished top 50 so I was pretty stoked about that :yo:

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I suggest entering a playoff pool to keep you interested in the playoffs
I entered the NAIT playoff pool a couple years ago which had a $50,000 prize i believe and i ended up watching the vast majority of the games that year. Finished top 50 so I was pretty stoked about that :yo:

Well, kinda late for pools now. ;)

I think the Oilers have just sapped a lot of my interest in hockey as a whole. What a brutal year.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Blues-Hawks will definitely be an entertaining series if that first period is a sign of things to come. I think all the WC match-ups will be good to watch at the very least.

Giggli G

Sep 8, 2006
OH. MY. GOD.

Parayko looks IDENTICAL to Pronger on the powerplay. It's uncanny. Eff....

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Tough for the Rangers losing Lundquist, but the Pens played well, Zatkoff played surprisingly well, and a Hornquist hattrick sure helps.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Blues need to stop giving up an odd man rush or giveaway every shift. Elliot holding them in right now.

Blues have had 3 power plays and half way through the game have only 8 shots.

adkid2

Jul 29, 2011
just looking at the pens-rangers scoresheet, Schultz played less than 6 mins... was he injured? or was he that bad?

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
just looking at the pens-rangers scoresheet, Schultz played less than 6 mins... was he injured? or was he that bad?

they played with 7 D and were always in the lead, hence no use for the offensive option I suppose. But yes it is true that he is low on the totem pole as well

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Of all things, that went in.

That's what she said

Pretty intense game to watch, but it's pretty clear we won't have a shot at something like this until the D-Corps can handle the puck on the blue line like these guys can.

It seemed like every wide shot that was bouncing out of the zone was always handled cleanly by the Blues D

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

That's what she said

Pretty intense game to watch, but it's pretty clear we won't have a shot at something like this until the D-Corps can handle the puck on the blue line like these guys can.

It seemed like every wide shot that was bouncing out of the zone was always handled cleanly by the Blues D

Yup. We'll never have a shot at the playoffs until we remedy our D situation. It was night and day watching their D versus ours.

I'm down for moving any or all of RNH, Eberle, Yak, and Hall to get that done. Even open to moving our pick if necessary to have ready to play D.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I hope the whoevers beat the whatchamagiggers this year. Be nice to see them finally get a shot at the cup.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Caps looks dominant. I know its only 1-0 at this point, but they look great.

Also, Glenn Healy is an idiot. Couturier goes into the boards, Clearly a shoulder injury, talks about him going to the "quiet room" like a complete moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad