2016 OHL Draft Rankings Top 100

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
Our top 10 is free to view.

HockeyProspect.com has released our February ranking of the Top 100 prospects eligible for 2016 OHL Draft. The rankings are based on games viewed by our scouts up to February 9th, 2016.

Bode Wilde from the Chicago Mission remains our top rated prospect on our list. Wilde is a big talented defenseman who brings fantastic skating and offense to the table.

The Toronto Jr. Canadiens Ryan Merkley holds tight as our #2 ranked prospect on our upadted list. The race remains very tight for the top spot and Merkley is one of the players in that race.

Our top forward on our list is still Kirill Nizhnikov from the Toronto Jr. Canadiens. Blade Jenkins narrowly missed out on the 3rd spot and holds our 4th position on our list.

LINK TO LIST

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
Our top 10 is free to view.

HockeyProspect.com has released our February ranking of the Top 100 prospects eligible for 2016 OHL Draft. The rankings are based on games viewed by our scouts up to February 9th, 2016.

Bode Wilde from the Chicago Mission remains our top rated prospect on our list. Wilde is a big talented defenseman who brings fantastic skating and offense to the table.

The Toronto Jr. Canadiens Ryan Merkley holds tight as our #2 ranked prospect on our upadted list. The race remains very tight for the top spot and Merkley is one of the players in that race.

Our top forward on our list is still Kirill Nizhnikov from the Toronto Jr. Canadiens. Blade Jenkins narrowly missed out on the 3rd spot and holds our 4th position on our list.

LINK TO LIST

Just a note. Our next rankings list will be released at the same time as our OHL Draft Guides. We are working as quickly as we can to finish everything and hope to have the rankings and OHL Draft Guides completed early next week.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Thanks Mark, any chance you will be releasing a mock draft?

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
do we know order of teams in 2016 ohl draft?

I believe it's like this:

1. Guelph
2. Sudbury
3. Flint
4. Hamilton
5. Flint
6. Saginaw
7. Oshawa
8. Mississauga
9. Peterborough
10. Sault Ste. Marie
11. Owen Sound
12. Ottawa
13. Niagara
14. North Bay
15. Barrie
16. Sarnia
17. Kitchener
18. Kingston
19. London
20. Erie

may know

Apr 19, 2002
Visit site

1. Guelph
2. Sudbury
3. Flint
4. Hamilton
5. Flint
6. Saginaw
7. Oshawa
8. Mississauga
9. Peterborough
10. Sault Ste. Marie
11. Owen Sound
12. Ottawa
13. Niagara
14. North Bay
15. Barrie
16. Sarnia
17. Kitchener
18. Kingston
19. London
20. Erie

Forgot the compensation pick for Barrie for Tortora. I believe it's #20.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Forgot the compensation pick for Barrie for Tortora. I believe it's #20.

Absolutely right. Thanks

1. Guelph
2. Sudbury
3. Flint
4. Hamilton
5. Flint
6. Saginaw
7. Oshawa
8. Mississauga
9. Peterborough
10. Sault Ste. Marie
11. Owen Sound
12. Ottawa
13. Niagara
14. North Bay
15. Barrie
16. Sarnia
17. Kitchener
18. Kingston
19. London
20. Barrie
21. Erie

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

1. Guelph
2. Sudbury
3. Flint
4. Hamilton
5. Flint
6. Saginaw
7. Oshawa
8. Mississauga
9. Peterborough
10. Sault Ste. Marie
11. Owen Sound
12. Ottawa
13. Niagara
14. North Bay
15. Barrie
16. Sarnia
17. Kitchener
18. Kingston
19. London
20. Erie

So London finishes tied for highest in points and gets seeded behind the four division winners for the playoffs. Yet in the draft, they're picking behind them...

As Phyler said on the Knights board, it's not right. Time to fix this idiotic rule.

Mark Edwards

@MarkEdwardsHP
Feb 14, 2008
Toronto
www.HockeyProspect.com
Thanks Mark, any chance you will be releasing a mock draft?

We might. I'm not a big fan of them but I know a lot of fans like them. Time will probably decide it. Busy week ahead traveling.

without names, are there any HEO guys in the top 50?

Yes.

So London finishes tied for highest in points and gets seeded behind the four division winners for the playoffs. Yet in the draft, they're picking behind them...

As Phyler said on the Knights board, it's not right. Time to fix this idiotic rule.

I am not a fan of many things associated with the current OHL Playoffs structure.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013

:popcorn: London does just fine in the draft and will pick first round talent in later rounds - no need to worry or whine.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It would be more fair to base draft place on playoff results like the NFL? Keep it the way it is, or play a balanced schedule and have a true seeding at the end of regular season.
The 'London...is just unfair' gets tiring; reading anything being unfair to London makes me want to throw up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad