Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Tall. Very tall.

PennyOleksiak_100mFly_Silver_MarkBlinchPhoto-1.jpg

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Something like

I wasn't impressed with Lindell and question if he's ready for the nhl

This is what I have been saying for a while.

I do think he showed steady improvement in the AHL over the course of the season though, so he may be able to eek into the lineup, but many have had him penciled into the lineup a little prematurely IMO.

Who knows though? Johns looked WAY better on the big club than he did in Cedar Park. Not that he looked bad, and I thought he was the most talented D outside of maybe Honka, but he was making defensive errors down there that he hasn't made in the NHL. Go figure.

Conversely, Backman really impressed with his steady game early in the season last year, but seemed to show some cracks in his game as the season went on. I'm not yet convinced he's ready for the big show either, but I do think the opportunity is there for him to overtake Lindell on the depth chart and squeeze into the NHL lineup if he proves to be more reliable than our other options.

Ebert may have as good a chance as either Lindell or Backman, especially due to his right-shot.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
How's Hamhuis looked for you guys so far in camp and preseason? Assuming he's even played a game so far. Was not a fan with the way he was kicked to the curb in Vancouver and expect him to have a big bounce back year with you guys.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
So dallas is really going to start the year with niemi and what's his name, eh?

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
How's Hamhuis looked for you guys so far in camp and preseason? Assuming he's even played a game so far. Was not a fan with the way he was kicked to the curb in Vancouver and expect him to have a big bounce back year with you guys.

Honestly, I haven't heard much of anything about him at all.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
The universe is going to f us so hard for mishandling Nichushkin for the next 90 years, this is just the first taste.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
If we're going back that far we should've kept Antti Miettinen he was better than Hagman after he left us. Neither ever did anything in the playoffs for anyone though.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Ah Ladislav Nagy the poster child for how great Doug Armstrong was at managing assets ...

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Anyone seen anything of the guy the Stars just signed to an ELC ?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I'm sorry. I don't understand it. He is still not drafted. How can Stars sign him? He is just 18 years old.
Thx

He went undrafted. And there's a window which opens after the draft and ends before the season starts where you can offer young players like this ELCs. Dallas has done it a couple times in the past (Tristan King and Maxime Lagace).

It's not that common and 99 times out of a hundred, the player becomes nothing. I'm sure that I'm forgetting someone, but the only guy I can even think of to turn into a semi notable NHL player is Josh Gorges.

WingsMike

Registered Man
Jan 28, 2012
So is Vala ineligible to be drafted now?

He is a guy you will likely see at the upcoming world juniors with CZE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad