GDT: 2016 NHL Playoffs Thread Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
Enjoy mediocrity Wings for the next couple of years.

There are two teams in the league right now that need absolutely need to start a rebuild. One being the Canucks and the other being the Wings. Both teams won't do jack **** unless they start a rebuild.

I don't see a rebuild happening with Detroit. Illitch wants championships right now for the Tigers and Wings due to his age. The former Tigers GM Dombrowski actually got ran out of town due to not delivering a world series, and being opposed to totally emptying the cupboard to give a past their prime team a slightly better chance at winning one (aka what the Wings have been doing in free agency the past few years).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't see a rebuild happening with Detroit. Illitch wants championships right now for the Tigers and Wings due to his age. The former Tigers GM Dombrowski actually got ran out of town due to not delivering a world series, and being opposed to totally emptying the cupboard to give a past their prime team a slightly better chance at winning one (aka what the Wings have been doing in free agency the past few years).

Well then they will stay mediocre for several years then.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Oh look!

dscf45791.jpg

:naughty:

EDIT: and now it's 3-1!

This is going to seven, incoming St-Louis epic choke.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Keith = +3

He's a dirty player, but he's a damn good defenseman. 3 goals and 4 points in 3 games too.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
St-Louis is so pathetic.... Chicago running 5 D and the Blues can't do anything offensively

And they have the last change on top of that.

If St-Louis goes on to lose this series Ill lose my ****. Atleast we'll get a shot at Ten Inch ****.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Original 6 is an instant starter in the hole for me because they get too much media love, as well as people that talk like those 6 teams are superior.

Winning so many cups lately is annoying as I would rather see variety if it is anyone but Ottawa.

The fact the league put them in so many outdoor games is unfair to other teams.

There is such a big bandwagon around them.

Patrick Kane has done some deplorable things, but he is one of the most popular players.

They have annoyed me personally by beating teams I like in the playoffs regularly (Blues, Wild, Canucks)

It really annoys me that they have Hossa and a player I like so much is on a team I hate so much.

Even as a kid I never liked them because their "brand" is unapealling.

Their goal song is stupid and obnoxious.

They somehow manage to keep a lot of star players even though the cap was supposed to prevent stacked teams.

I could probably come up with more too.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
And they have the last change on top of that.

If St-Louis goes on to lose this series Ill lose my ****. Atleast we'll get a shot at Ten Inch ****.

I think you would be the only one to lineup for that.

Ken Hitchcock on the other hand...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
What a goal!

Hard to believe we had people think Fabbri was no better than Puempel

What a trio of young studs they have up front in Fabbri, Schwartz amd Tarasenko. I think St Louis is way more talented and deep than Chicago but the experience of the Hawks is unquestionable. They just get it done.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Well, when you are the best player in the NHL, even if you have apparently done some horrible things, you'll be extremely popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad