2016 NHL Entry Draft Thread Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Spylo

Feb 26, 2012
Yeah, or we can play Markov on the top pair until he's 40. And let DD hold down the #1 Center spot until Price retires. LW/RW is the only position in our prospect pool that isn't awful, Hudon, Scherbak, Andrighetto, etc.

While I agree we need some help on left d we could play Beaulieu in that role for now. DD as the #1 center is a problem made by Therrien. We have Galchenyuk to be our #1 center. And for the next 2 years Plekanec as no. 2. Plus McCarron could develope into a 2nd line center. Yeah we have Hudon, Scherbak and Andrighetto. With the exception of maybe Scherbak none of them can play on the top line. So getting one of Laine, Puljujarvi or Tkachuk would be a huge upgrade on them.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
If we can get another 1e round pick (Pleky,Markov),i would like the habs to pick 3 forwards (center if possible)and one LD with our 2 first + 2e round picks.

McCleod,Dubois,Laberge,Jones,etc.....and no draft choices Under 6'1''....please.

In 2 or 3 years:

Pacc-McCleod-Sherbak
Jones-Galchy-Gally
Lekhonen/Hudon-McCarron-Weise
Addison/DLR-Eller-Grégoire

Beaulieu-Subban
Sean Day-Petry
Barberio-Juulsen
Ellis-Pateryn

Price-Condon

Last edited by a moderator:

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
If we can get another 1e round pick (Pleky,Markov),i would like the habs to pick 3 forwards (center if possible)and one LD with our 2 first + 2e round picks.

McCleod,Dubois,Laberge,Jones,etc.....and no draft choices Under 6'1''....please.

lol.. this is how to run an unsuccesful franchise. Why limit your picks for no reason, it's pointless, and tbh it's pretty stupid. If Keller is available at #25 (whatever 1st you anticipate getting), of course we should take him, even if he's 5"10. Same goes for Fabbro, it shouldn't matter if he's a RD, we should be drafting for BPA. The only time I can agree with such drafting criterions is for lottery picks. I agree the Habs need a LD or a top-line center more than anything else, so I really hope that's the kind of player we take with our first. Everywhere else in the draft should really be BPA.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Who could be interesting with our two second round choices (probably between 35 to 44; and probably between 40 and 50). ?

Samuel Girard? Kyle Clague? Pascal Laberge? Sokolov? Logan Stanley? Hajek? Sean Day? Luke Green? Morrison? Hart?
Other names?

Last edited:

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
Who could be interesting with our two second round choices (probably between 35 to 44; and probably between 40 and 50). ?

Samuel Girard? Kyle Clague? Pascal Laberge? Sokolov? Logan Stanley? Hajek? Other names?

plenty to add really. Dineen, Steel, Hart, DeBrincat, Dubé, Mascherin, etc.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Thanks!

Does anybody knows more about Pascal Laberge (6'1, 172, R)?
He is a two ways center, and yes, he had a great prospect game lately. But does he have any upsides (possible top6, bottom 6)?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Mascherin need to improve his first 2-3 steps, like C. Thomas he has a great shot but unlike him he really needs to work on his skating. That being said Domi has a similar build (small but stocky, around 200 pnds) and he also had issues with his skating back in juniors.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for the link. I have a real hard time believing that all of these three teams, the Canuks, Calgary, and Edmonton, will draft before us. I'm not even sure Winnipeg or Toronto will.

So is Pierre-Luc Dubois francophone? Is that why we are predicted to pick him?

I'm still hoping for a top 5 pick, since any of those guys would look good on our team.

Interesting that the list has the Islanders winning the cup, and the Habs with the Ranger's pick.

Should be an interesting draft season.

That's just his ranking right now. I'd be pretty pleased if we got Dubois. The top 10 players have been pretty much the same players for awhile now. They just move them up or down a bit. Juolevi is the only player who's moved up into that grouping with Segachyov moving out to 11.

But, damn that top 12 is a fine group. It would completely suck if we finished 13th or 14th, and missed out on all of them.

After the top 3, it's really really tough to choose 4-12. I can see Chychrun falling, but not further than 10. Maybe the smallish Keller falls to 12.

I can't see the Oilers picking 2nd OA. I think they'll move up now that McDavid is back. Winnipeg could fall though, especially if they sell on Ladd and Buff.

I can see us picking in the 7-10 spot.

The fact that we could get 2 high second rounders is also huge. I would love for the Habs to get one more first, and a 3rd second.

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
What are our thoughts on Julien Gauthier? He is a big right winger. If we don't fall in the draft, might he be on our radar? Is he considered part of the top 12 in talent?

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
But, damn that top 12 is a fine group. It would completely suck if we finished 13th or 14th, and missed out on all of them.

Wathever your top-12 is, at least one of them will still be available at 15. There is always unpredictable picks.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Is it just me or German Rubtsov is going up in the mock drafts? For some, he is now a top 20. For ISS, he is at the #11. Russian factor?

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
not much talk about him but hes out there,
the name, Vladimir Kuznetsov

he got some nice strides to explode and quick release to go with that
very russian of him, but very good nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad