2016 NHL Entry Draft Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
At this time of year:
Chychrun+Brown+Nylander.
I'm ok with 2 of them, I'd be extremely happy if we got all 3 of them.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Jesse Puljujarvi - Leafs 1st '16 - Honestly think this guy is the 2nd best prospect next year.
Alexander Nylander - Pittsburgh 1st '16

Our forward core then:

Mitch Marner
Will Nylander
Kasperi Kapanen
Jesse Puljajarvi/Matt Tkatchuk
Alex Nylander

:)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
27newlogan.jpg

him please.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Damn, I would love to get Alex Nylander with PIT's 1st next year.

Kid is SICK

LeafsTop6

Jan 9, 2009
Markham
outside of the top 3 looks like an interesting draft. Something where having even late first could give you someone with the potential to surprise and be a 1st liner or top 2 pair

guys outside the top three like

D
Kale Clague
Victor Mete
Olli Juolevi
Chad Krys
Jake Bean
Dante Fabbro

Big FW
Julien Gauthier
Patrik Laine
Logan Brown
Brett Howden

C
Tyler Benson
Sam Steel
Clayton Keller
Tyson Jost
Michael McLeod

- some of these guys have won records already, have intriguing packages of size and skill, or are in slightly less scouted teams. The majority have had really high scoring rookie seasons and have some elite skills.

As previously mentioned theres alot of D

btw I tried to pick people who had atleast one ranking outside the top 10

Last edited:

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
If by some miracle, we draw #1, it's Matthews, without a thought. At #2, you have to decide who you think furthers the state of the rebuild more significantly. Personally, I'm going Chychrun all the way. Puljujarvi goes 3rd in my mind, and I would be over the moon to have him. If we end up 4th, I'm all aboard the Logan Brown train, if he's available at any spot between 4-wherever.

FifthLine

@AHartScout
Jul 2, 2011
toronto
Outside of all the more talked about names, I really like Tyler Benson. Not sure he's far off, if at all to Max Jones or Matthew Tkachuck.

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
I'm intrigued by Tyson Jost and Dante Fabbro. Both those guys are sticking with the Penticton Vees in their draft year. Not too often you see guys in the top 15 from the BCHL.

Anyone know anything about these guys or why they didn't decide to go the WHL route?

Hogzilla

Mar 5, 2014
St. Catharines, Ont
I'm a biased patriot so I'm really not liking the fact that an American is the top guy when leafs are going full tank mode.

Ideally I would like the leafs to get Chychrun and then continue full tank mode and get the big tall sexy Canadia prize, center Nolan Patrick.

With Patrick, Marner, Nylander and Rielly + Chychrun as the core group, we are set and can begin singing free agent fillers to complete the future dynasty!

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
I'm a biased patriot so I'm really not liking the fact that an American is the top guy when leafs are going full tank mode.

Ideally I would like the leafs to get Chychrun and then continue full tank mode and get the big tall sexy Canadia prize, center Nolan Patrick.

With Patrick, Marner, Nylander and Rielly + Chychrun as the core group, we are set and can begin singing free agent fillers to complete the future dynasty!

Auston Matthews is going to be a God.

Pick him and carry on.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario

Chychrun is sort of Canadian. Born in USA.

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
We need to our pick this year to be top 5 and we need to acquire another one in the top 5. Even if we don't get Matthews or Puljujarvi, we could walk away with a franchise D in Chychrun and a talented hulking C in Brown. Those two guys would kick the rebuild up to a whole different level. This draft doesn't have McDavid, but if you look beyond McEichel form 2015 and Matthews from this class, picks 2-30 in 2016 are as strong as 3-30 in 2015. This year was a deeper draft as a whole, but next years first round is really good. Good to the point where Future Considerations (who other than draft site seem to be the only ones to publish an ordered list for the top 30) don't even have Michael McLeod who many are talking about in the Top 30.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Thanks!

This guy is going to be a havoc for opposing teams and is strong enough to be considered NHL ready.

I wouldn't complain. honestly - I wish I knew where I read this, but there is some kind of stat that it's better to draft defensemen later in the draft and forwards higher up. They did acknowledge the Doughty's, the Hedman's and the Prongers, but I think on average you can get that elite defenseman (with some developmental help) middle round slash 2nd round.

And I know we all like Rielly to get his Franchise Defensive Partner (that's important to me too). but I'm with you. I am wanting (right now) Brown and Pulju. either one is fine with me. I think this year I am going to try to be more up to date with the prospects since we're taking such an interest :D

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Don't forget a guy like Tyler Benson, insanely skilled. As for Matthews, yes we are going to be terrible just don't think we might win because let's be honest. Let's look at the sabres lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad