2016 NBA Playoffs thread - Part 2

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Are you forgetting the 2007 Finals?
Sorry. The Jordan posts make no sense though. Just because Jordan was better doesn't diminish James. They didn't even play against each other. Jordan retired from the Bulls in 98, almost 20 years ago. Pretend the Wizards never happened. Most fans aren't smart enough to realize that regular season wins don't matter. The Ws aren't the best team ever even if they win and those of us out of high school for all of Bird and Magic's Finals know that the Rodman Bulls that won 70+ games weren't even their best teams.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Really hope KD stays in OKC. Adams emerging as the 3rd of their big 3 and I think they can win a title or two in the next few years with that group.

I don't consider taking this Warriors team to the final minutes of game 7 choking. GS hit a few critical 3's in the final minutes and OKC answered a few but weren't able to keep pace. It could have gone either way, really.. Back half of the series was great basketball and it's unfortunate one team had to lose.

Warriors in 7 over the Cavs. Cleveland a great team but I think GS has the best personnel to defend their offense. Should be a great series.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Sorry. The Jordan posts make no sense though. Just because Jordan was better doesn't diminish James. They didn't even play against each other. Jordan retired from the Bulls in 98, almost 20 years ago. Pretend the Wizards never happened. Most fans aren't smart enough to realize that regular season wins don't matter. The Ws aren't the best team ever even if they win and those of us out of high school for all of Bird and Magic's Finals know that the Rodman Bulls that won 70+ games weren't even their best teams.

The Jordan post makes lots of sense. I do believe it was you who said the greats can't win them all.

I was just pointing out that that is exactly what Jordan did when he got to the finals

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Really hope KD stays in OKC. Adams emerging as the 3rd of their big 3 and I think they can win a title or two in the next few years with that group.

Him staying another year makes a lot of sense so they can go for it again with that core. Who knows what will happen after that though. Next year Westbrook/Ibaka are UFAs and Adams/Roberson are RFAs. Those owners are going to have to pay a lot to keep everyone there, assuming those UFAs even want to stay.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Him staying another year makes a lot of sense so they can go for it again with that core. Who knows what will happen after that though. Next year Westbrook/Ibaka are UFAs and Adams/Roberson are RFAs. Those owners are going to have to pay a lot to keep everyone there, assuming those UFAs even want to stay.
I like him more than most as a player, but getting out from under that Kanter contract would help. KD/WB/Adams is the big 3 now. Ibaka is just a great side piece to go with them lol.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like him more than most as a player, but getting out from under that Kanter contract would help. KD/WB/Adams is the big 3 now. Ibaka is just a great side piece to go with them lol.

I'm not a Kanter fan. Far from it.

That's true about Ibaka but I think he can be more than that if given the chance. He didn't consistently play well so he has to own a lot of it but his role has also been reduced on both offense and defense. They make him stand behind the three point line on offense and Adams has taken his rim protector role on defense so he has to defend on the perimeter more.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
David Blatt signed a multi-year deal in Turkey. That sucks, I hope he comes back to the NBA someday. I wanted to see him get another chance.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
I actually kinda wish that Durant goes East just so there's someone to challenge Bron in the East lol

Would make the Eastern Conference playoffs more entertaining.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I actually kinda wish that Durant goes East just so there's someone to challenge Bron in the East lol

Would make the Eastern Conference playoffs more entertaining.

He might (Washington?) after next season. Next year OKC gives him the best shot to a) get paid and b) win the title.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If GS wins the Championship, they may not be the best team ever, but they have a hell of a case if it boils down to objective criteria. Who do you rank ahead of them and why exactly?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I got to give Curry all the praise in the world, hes as much of a big game performer as it gets and he doesn't need free throws and liberal traveling rules to bail him out. He might be the best guard since Jordan.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
OT but I'll share. ESPN Classic just aired game 6 of the 2006 Finals. Good lord, Dwyane Wade got all the calls that series.

Say Hey Kid

Whole cell block was dancing to the jailhouse rock
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
hi-res-8b69bc349ccf9d316effecec0d1ad04b_crop_north.jpg

If GS wins the Championship, they may not be the best team ever, but they have a hell of a case if it boils down to objective criteria. Who do you rank ahead of them and why exactly?
We have different levels of knowledge and different ideas of "objective criteria" so explanations are pointless. I'll take these ten teams over the Ws if they win.

96 Bulls
86 Celtics
87 Lakers
67 Sixers
71 Bucks
91 Bulls
85 Lakers
61 Celtics
64 Celtics
92 Bulls

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009

I highly doubt this. Like people have said, he was 5 minutes away from advancing to the Finals. He can sign a one year deal and then make substantially more money the following off season with the rising cap, and Westbrook will be a free agent then too. I don't understand where all the Wizards talk is comin from in particular. People down there desperate for the home town kid to come back evidently. Celtics I could see happening though.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I agree that it seems unlikely. I didn't click the article, but does it say who would be part of this super team? There's no huge FAs this year, unless you consider Horford and Howard possibly part of a big 3 (I don't). He could go to Boston and have at least an easier trip to the conference finals, but this OKC team is the best he can get right now.

This David Blatt news has gone by so quietly. Considering how much he was discussed when coaching and how big his firing was, I find it a little odd how few peoe are talking about him leaving the NBA.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Interesting. I guess that means Okafor stays if that happens or would they still consider trading him too? Stein did say at least one of Noel/Okafor could be on the move.

Teague is an UFA next year so I'm not so sure if this would be a smart move for the Sixers.

Last edited:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
That is the exact type of shortsighted, making a move for the sake of making a move type of move that I've come to expect from Bryan Colangelo. Highway robbery for Atlanta.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I doubt Durant's agent is going around taking meetings a month before free agency officially begins. Going to the East wouldn't be a bad move though since it's probably an easier road to the finals.

As for Blatt, I thought he might be a candidate for a HC job with one of the young teams or at the very least an assistant somewhere but it didn't happen. He's successful internationally and he's still getting paid by the Cavs too so it's not all bad for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad