2016 NBA Playoffs thread - Part 2

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I agree that it seems unlikely. I didn't click the article, but does it say who would be part of this super team? There's no huge FAs this year, unless you consider Horford and Howard possibly part of a big 3 (I don't). He could go to Boston and have at least an easier trip to the conference finals, but this OKC team is the best he can get right now.

This David Blatt news has gone by so quietly. Considering how much he was discussed when coaching and how big his firing was, I find it a little odd how few peoe are talking about him leaving the NBA.

Blatt was in a tough spot in Cleveland... Thought he'd be back with a lesser team to try and find his way outside of the spotlight... Kinda suprised to see him headed back overseas so soon.

Do these international deals for coaches typically have NBA opt outs like some of the players?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Blatt was in a tough spot in Cleveland... Thought he'd be back with a lesser team to try and find his way outside of the spotlight... Kinda suprised to see him headed back overseas so soon.

Do these international deals for coaches typically have NBA opt outs like some of the players?
I think some do. It's actually been noted that Blatt's deal does not have an NBA opt out though.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Yeah I think Noel is worth more than a year of Teague. That would be an odd one for 76ers.

This is Colangelo in a nut shell. The state he left the Raptors in should be a warning for any team hiring him as GM. Alas Philly fell for the trap.

Trading a prime trade asset for an average starting PG in the league? Especially who's contract is nearing an end? Stupidity.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
This is Colangelo in a nut shell. The state he left the Raptors in should be a warning for any team hiring him as GM. Alas Philly fell for the trap.

Trading a prime trade asset for an average starting PG in the league? Especially who's contract is nearing an end? Stupidity.
Average indeed. I should've said Noel is worth more than Teague straight up. I wouldn't make that trade even if Teague had term left.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If the 2016 Caps had the best record ever and won the Stanley Cup, they would be the greatest NHL team ever. :sarcasm: If I brought that argument to the History of Hockey forum, I'd be rightfully :laugh: off the board. :laugh:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I don't think so. For them to finish with the best record ever in this day and age would be an incredible feat, and capping it off with a Cup would easily put them in the discussion.

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Hockey is a completely different beast from basketball, you just can't compare them.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Anytime you break the best regular season record you should be in the discussion. I'm not old enough to give an informed ranking, but those who are seem to have them 3-5.

I appreciate the fact that they have a few different guys who can take the lead every night.. Most of the other great teams had one or two guys holding the keys and everyone else was just support.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
The Bulls were a way better team. Put them out there now and make them beat the record it will be done

But idk why people complain. Enjoy probably the greatest team you will see until about 10 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad