GDT: 2016 Free Agent Frenzy!

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Yeah, the deals that have been signed of late show just how crazy Saad was to ask for 6 million if he had ANY expectation of staying in Chicago.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
If Chicago isn't winning cups I'd have no problem with these Florida teams winning.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
You think so? I don't know man, they're probably missing one more dynamic forward but they have a lot of depth everywhere and as long as Luongo plays well in the playoffs I think they're as good as anyone out East, second only to PIT

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'm not going to put them in the elite tier, but they don't need to be on the Bolts' level (don't care about regular season records, playoffs are the only thing that matter) for the rivalry to be great.

But they're already a good team and have the potential to be great, so if you have a rivalry between an apparent elite team in Tampa and a great team in Sunrise, that's damn fine by my book.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I agree with Hawkaholic, I think FLA has a way to go before they reach Tampa. Need more forward depth, and Eckblad has a ways to go before he reaches Hedman level.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Would you guys sign Jiri Hudler if he is willing to take discount? He could be decent guy to play with Toews when Hossa is in 3rd line, I think.

What about Mason Raymond, is he really that bad? I haven't seen him a long time.

I think this team could use one talented, experienced winger. Doesn't have to be literally first line player but we need more skill and if you can add it cheaply, you'll do it. I think Hudler fits there, he had a down year but wasn't he hurt most of the season? Before that he played with Monahan and Gaudreau and put huge numbers.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Would take Hudler and even Versteeg back on the cheap. I don't want to get stuck with possibly gifting spots to rookies.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
migi;120424479[B said:
]Would you guys sign Jiri Hudler if he is willing to take discount? [/B]He could be decent guy to play with Toews when Hossa is in 3rd line, I think.

What about Mason Raymond, is he really that bad? I haven't seen him a long time.

I think this team could use one talented, experienced winger. Doesn't have to be literally first line player but we need more skill and if you can add it cheaply, you'll do it. I think Hudler fits there, he had a down year but wasn't he hurt most of the season? Before that he played with Monahan and Gaudreau and put huge numbers.

Would take Hudler and even Versteeg back on the cheap. I don't want to get stuck with possibly gifting spots to rookies.

I would of preferred Hudler over Ladd last tdl but maybe Stan could work something out this time around.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Panthers are essentially what TB was a few years ago before Kucherov established himself as stars

As kids in Florida continue to improve it could lead to some great battles of Florida in postseason

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would have no issue with Steeger back on 1yr deal for cheap

We know he would provide 30-40 pts in regular season at least and well we all know what we get with Steeger

Sometimes brilliance and other times ugh

Overall would be fine for 3rd line depth wing role

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't think the high end talent difference is that drastic and will have potential to have gap closed further as stars in Florida continue to gain experience

One area that Fla doesn't come close is in net. There is no Vas in Panthers organization and Bishop is currently a better goalie then Luongo

Panthers have better depth then Lightning IMO overall upfront and on blueline

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't think the high end talent difference is that drastic and will have potential to have gap closed further as stars in Florida continue to gain experience

One area that Fla doesn't come close is in net. There is no Vas in Panthers organization and Bishop is currently a better goalie then Luongo

Panthers have better depth then Lightning IMO overall upfront and on blueline

I think Florida is just as good in net. Reimer is just as good as Vaslievski (sp?) is right now. Luongo is about as good as Bishop.

Lightning have a much more talent up front imo.

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I take Tampa's goaltending both now and in the future with Vasilevskiy. The Bolts also have more star power up front, but Florida's overall depth isn't bad.

Florida has a few years before they develop fully, but that's a damn scary team in a couple of years.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Tampa is better than the Panthers, but they could end up battleing it out in the POs as the Hawks did/do with the Blues. There will be that 1 year Florida wins, but most of the time it's TB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad