Prospect Info: 2016 Flames prospect rankings: #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Voted Janko, next would of voted Gilles.

Honestly id put it from here:
Janko/Gilles neck and neck
Poirier
Shinkaruk
Kylington
McDonald
Mangiapane
Andersson

Might get scoffed for putting Poirier where I did but honestly I think last year was a simple slump. Poiriers a physical speedy two way gritty forward. His game is very translatable and I think he will be a good middle sizer on our roster for a long while. Next year we should have Janko play with both Shinkaruk and Poirier in the A as our first line. Insulate them in the A and bring them all up at once at the trade deadline or before and play them as our third line. Getting them chemistry may go a long way in aided them in transitioning as I believe they all play styles that could mesh well together. By the trade deadline our lines would look as such:

Gaudreau-Monahan-Brouwer
Bennett/Backlund- Bennett/Backlund-Frolik
Shinkaruk-Jankowski-Poirier
Ferland-Stajan-Chaisson
Hamilton

Gio-Brodie
Kevin-Hamilton
Wotherspoon-Engelland

Elliot
Johnson

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Jankowski, looked like the best forward on his team through the championship post-season a year ago and then last year we finally got him out of the NCAA and there doesn't seem to be an offensive problem. Big, strong, defensive centre should have no problems making the transition to pro and his offensive potential is as good as anyone's in our prospect pool.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Gillies.

For me it's:
Tkachuk
Gillies
Anderson
Jankowski
Kylington

Rasmus is a high end talent, the fact he's taken fitness as a joke says a lot of where that potential might end.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
My real list is:

1. Tkachuk
2. Jankowski
3. Gillies

4. Shinkaruk
5. Kylington
6/7. Poirier/Klimchuk
8. Fox
9. McDonald
10. Andersson
11. Parsons

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Fox already ahead of Andersson?
When Andersson doesn't have huge question marks about his conditioning and commitment to being a pro then he can climb the list. Until then he is lucky to be that high because he smells like Ryan Howse 2.0

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. Tkachuk
2. Gillies
3. Kylington
4. Jankowski
5. Andersson
6. Shinkaruk
7. Hickey
8. Kulak
9. Pribyl
10. McDonald
11. Poirier
12. Mangiapane
13. Parsons
14. dube
15 Tuulola
16. Ollas-Mattson
17. Fox

HM: Klimchuk, Schneider

Our prospects 2-8 are all pretty close IMO. Some have more potential (Kylington, Andersson) some are more polished (Hickey & Kulak). Pribyl I just threw in there. No idea where he actually fits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad