2016 Draft Rankings (#8 Ranked Player)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Sorry about the delay. It's been a busy couple of days but time to get this going again.

Original Post: Good morning everyone. Around this time last year I started a 2015 Draft Rankings Poll to try and educate posters, start a discussion on the rankings and possibly get more insight on the players from posters who are all over Canada and the US who have been able to see these prospects live several times. I will close the poll at 5pm EST each day and will hopefully have the new poll up within an hour of that. Here's a link to last years polls (2015 Draft Rankings).

PLEASE NOTE: this is not a Mock Draft Poll, this is a rankings poll so please choose who you believe to be BPA in that position and not who you think the team with that pick should or would pick.

Thanks you and I hope people find this thread interesting a useful.

2016 Draft Prospects Rankings Board

1.- Auston Matthews - C - ZSC Lions (SWI)
2.- Patrik Laine - RW - Tappara (Liiga)
3.- Jesse Puljujärvi - RW - Kärpät (Liiga)
4.- Matthew Tkachuk - LW - London (OHL)
5.- Pierre-Luc Dubois - C/LW - Cape Breton (QMJHL)
6.- Jakub Chychrun - D - Sarnia (OHL)
7.- Alexander Nylander - RW - Mississauga (OHL)
8.- ......

8th Ranked Prospect Poll on the clock until 5pm EST Monday, May 23rd.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

491472378-alexander-nylander-of-the-mississauga-gettyimages.jpg

#7 - Alexander Nylander -
1.png

Right Wing - Shoots Right
Born: March 2, 1998
Height - 6'0 (184cm) Weight - 176lbs (80kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #6 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #4 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #7 by Future Considerations
Ranked #8 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #3 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
Ranked #6 by TSN/McKenzie

Elite Prospects Report on Alexander Nylander

Future Considerations: November 2015 - "The son or former NHLer Michael Nylander, Alexander is a dynamic skating offensive catalyst that just produces points. His skating can go from effortless to shifty as he has the ability to use his edges to deke or juke through traffic with ease. Possesses soft hands and very creative puck skills plus the ability to make his teammates better with some jaw dropping passes. He is not a one trick pony however as he can also finish off plays. Top line NHL potential."

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Thanks for doing these, I'm not real sure who should fall here, I went with Keller, there isn't much to not like about him. But a case can be made for a number of prospects.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
No problem. I like doing them and if people are able to get anything out of it then it helps with the discussions and opinions come draft time.

I would love hearing from some of the people who have seen these guys live and their opinions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad