2016 Draft Rankings (#10 Ranked Player)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Sorry about the delay again. Started a new job last week but now with a nice three day weekend and some thoughts of awesome BBQ and beer I feel rejuvenated and ready to finally cast a vote for someone other than Sergachyov. :laugh:

So without further ado, let the voting begin for the 10th best player of this draft.

Original Post: Good morning everyone. Around this time last year I started a 2015 Draft Rankings Poll to try and educate posters, start a discussion on the rankings and possibly get more insight on the players from posters who are all over Canada and the US who have been able to see these prospects live several times. I will close the poll at 5pm EST each day and will hopefully have the new poll up within an hour of that. Here's a link to last years polls (2015 Draft Rankings).

PLEASE NOTE: this is not a Mock Draft Poll, this is a rankings poll so please choose who you believe to be BPA in that position and not who you think the team with that pick should or would pick.

Thanks you and I hope people find this thread interesting a useful.

2016 Draft Prospects Rankings Board

1.- Auston Matthews - C - ZSC Lions (SWI)
2.- Patrik Laine - RW - Tappara (Liiga)
3.- Jesse Puljujärvi - RW - Kärpät (Liiga)
4.- Matthew Tkachuk - LW - London (OHL)
5.- Pierre-Luc Dubois - C/LW - Cape Breton (QMJHL)
6.- Jakub Chychrun - D - Sarnia (OHL)
7.- Alexander Nylander - RW - Mississauga (OHL)
8.- Olli Juolevi - D - London (OHL)
9.- Mikhail Sergachyov - D - Windsor (OHL)
10.- .......

10th Ranked Prospect Poll on the clock until 5pm EST Saturday, May 28th.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

500314926-mikhail-sergachev-of-the-windsor-spitfires-gettyimages.jpg

#9 - Mikhail Sergachyov -
9.png

Defense - Shoots Left
Born: June 25, 1998
Height - 6'2 (189cm) Weight - 205lbs (93kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #8 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #10 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #8 by Future Considerations
Ranked #9 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #8 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
Ranked #12 by TSN/McKenzie

Elite Prospects Report on Mikhail Sergachyov

Elite Prospects: A dominant two-way defenceman whose tenacity and competitiveness characterize his style of play. Plays with a poise and confidence that facilitates his creativity with the puck as well as split-second decision making. Naturally fluid skater who is always looking to be engaged, if not the center, of each unfolding play. All-in-all, a diligent two-way defenceman who excels at finding ways to be a difference-maker in games. (Curtis Joe, EP 2016)

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Tough to choose. I'm in the U18 "risers" group right now of Fabbro, Jost, Keller, Brown. I'm going Jost as he impressed me the most with the limited viewing I got of him but in all honesty it was a really close and tough call for me.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Ds chosen at 6, 8 and 9? I don't think that any prospect-ranking organization has those guys ranked so highly. Perhaps voters here are skewing the poll towards Boston's needs.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
And Keller takes it down. I wonder if teams scouts will be this torn between what I've dubbed the "U18 Four"

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Ds chosen at 6, 8 and 9? I don't think that any prospect-ranking organization has those guys ranked so highly. Perhaps voters here are skewing the poll towards Boston's needs.

Almost all mock drafts that I've seen have the top 3 D's in the top 10. It could be herd mentality or it could just be logical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad