Prospect Info: 2016 Development Camp July 3-7

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
I find it interesting that they don't have our best pro prospects attending. I guess they feel that Petan, Morrissey, Comrie and DeLeo are best served preparing for camp.

Does this have any meaning for if they go to Penticton or not?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

That's a good question. They would likely still be eligible to play in the tournament but I think them not being at camp next week would lead me to believe that some of them are unlikely to play in the tournament this fall.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

There is no direct connection. Many of the guys at dev camp will be back in school in september and won't play in Young Stars.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Nice to see Austin Lotz at camp. He had a good article in the junior hockey journal.

http://jrhockeyjournal.com/chasing-a-dream-by-austin-lotz

My names Austin Lotz, for those of you who don’t know me I am a junior hockey goalie. No I’m not drafted or signed, and no I’m not playing right now. I am currently spending my 5th and final year of junior hockey at home, recovering from shoulder surgery. When Lowsy asked me to participate in his new website and write this article, I struggled for a week or two to find a topic. It’s not that there isn’t anything for me to say, but being a player who is still driven to be a professional hockey player and is still working his --- off every day to become one, it was tough for me to come up with an interesting aspect of my career and share it, without crossing the line of “acceptableâ€. So here’s my story, the gigantic ups and downs that come with not only being a junior hockey player, but also a young goalie.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think the Corgi wanted to quote the post asking about Glover. Glover had surgery. Poolman was at last year's camp.

Shoulder surgery usually requires months of rehab. Are we sure that he actually have surgery? It would be strange to see him on the ice if he did

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
There is no direct connection. Many of the guys at dev camp will be back in school in september and won't play in Young Stars.

Ya, I was talking about Morrissey, Comrie etc. not the college guys. I guess the organization knows in mind but it's not public information yet.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
anyone know if the camp will be broadcast? i don't remember if it was done last year.

The Jets twitter periscoped drills live last year. Jets TV put up some longer stuff. They also streamed and archived the final scrimmage.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Jets have confirmed that Laine won't participate in on-ice activities because he had minor knee surgery after the draft combine, which is why he had that tensor bandage and dual-cane getup earlier in the month.

Pretty small group this year

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm intrigued by Nick Kossoff, Alec McCrea, Tom Marchin and Jacob Pritchard.

Seems like decent NCAA talent that we may be able to sign eventually.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Laine played the rest of the tournament injured, after that incredible display during the first 1 and half periods against Canada... If that's the level he could have maintained had perry not injured him...

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Was it not reported his surgery was a result of the injury he suffered on the wingate test at the combine?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think Laine will be hanging out for it.

Sad he won't be on the ice. He'll also miss the opening of training camp, the part they normally do at the iceplex. Am I gonna have to buy a world cup ticket and airfare to see him live? :sarcasm:

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Thanks for posting this. I am going to try to attend. Maybe I can finally get my Manitoba Moose Polar Bear gameworn jersey signed by the player!

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
There is something odd about how they have the players grouped.

Group A had 8 F and 6 D

Group B has 10 F. and 3 D

Hard to run certain drills with only 3 D. I wouldn't be surprised if a forward from group B switches with dman from group A. That would make it 9/5 and 9/4. Better for forward line rushes also

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
any significance to Poolman attending?

I was wondering this myself. Hoping this means that there is still a very good relationship there, and he stays with the org after this next season.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I was wondering this myself. Hoping this means that there is still a very good relationship there, and he stays with the org after this next season.

Not sure why he wouldn't attend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad