OT: 2016 American Football Discussion (NFL, College)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
As an Eagles fan, I was elated with the Bradford trade. He's serviceable, but overrated, and makes dumb decisions at the wrong times. The dumb decisions part being the most annoying bit of his makeup. Net/net, no NFL team is getting to the promised land with Bradford at QB, he's a true lifer backup option that keeps getting starter chances. My guess is, Minnesota will be his last such chance as a pure NFL starter. A 1st Round pick? Awesome. A 4th Rounder too? Okay, if you insist. LOL

And Wentz might make me eat my words if he can keep this up, I didnt think Philly could make any hay this season with a rookie at QB, but that was close to as good of a game as I've ever seen from a rookie QB in his first-ever start. And his 22 for 37 passing, SHOULD have been more like 27 or 28 for 37, because Eagles receivers dropped a TON of easy catches today (just like last year).

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
nice work!

I wish his reverse jinxes worked more against the Rangers (well honestly it's not really a reverse jinx then, cause he does truly appear in the tank for them) :P

As an Eagles fan, I was elated with the Bradford trade. He's serviceable, but overrated, and makes dumb decisions at the wrong times. The dumb decisions part being the most annoying bit of his makeup. Net/net, no NFL team is getting to the promised land with Bradford at QB, he's a true lifer backup option that keeps getting starter chances. My guess is, Minnesota will be his last such chance as a pure NFL starter. A 1st Round pick? Awesome. A 4th Rounder too? Okay, if you insist. LOL

And Wentz might make me eat my words if he can keep this up, I didnt think Philly could make any hay this season with a rookie at QB, but that was close to as good of a game as I've ever seen from a rookie QB in his first-ever start. And his 22 for 37 passing, SHOULD have been more like 27 or 28 for 37, because Eagles receivers dropped a TON of easy catches today (just like last year).

Cleveland is almost expansion level though, they let go of every good player they had in the offseason (this side of Gordon) a la Major League. Philly's defense and skill position players aren't that great right now but they should still have enough to beat the Browns at home, rookie or no rookie.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
first round pick?!?!

WHY. Even if he played great he's not gonna touch the elite level QBs of Rodgers and Newton who went in the 2nd+ rounds in snake draft. I drafted Bradford with my last pick in auction for $1 as my 3rd QB behind Palmer and Cousins.

Where's the "not sure if serious" emoji?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This game was so incredibly Detroit Lions.

EDIT: Wow, take that back, the Lions win because the Colts defense was just awful at the end there.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Sigh. It's getting really difficult to be a Cowboys fan. Same mediocre team, different year.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
first round pick?!?!

WHY. Even if he played great he's not gonna touch the elite level QBs of Rodgers and Newton who went in the 2nd+ rounds in snake draft. I drafted Bradford with my last pick in auction for $1 as my 3rd QB behind Palmer and Cousins.

Not fantasy, the real thing.

The Viking GM should be fired.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
That Jets game was every screw-up tendency they've ever had rolled into one game. Not taking offensive scoring opportunities, shaky special teams, and a defense that gives up huge plays and doesn't shut the door when the team needs it.

I fully expect them to go Buffalo and lose. Season over in the first two weeks.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
The point is why trade away a number 1 draft pick for a guy you're going to start anyway, duuuuhhh!

They traded away a 1st because they thought they were an average QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. To be a Super Bowl contender you have to make the playoffs and it's hard making the playoffs if you lose games in the regular season because you throw a QB out there week 1 who wasn't comfortable with the offense yet

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
They traded away a 1st because they thought they were an average QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. To be a Super Bowl contender you have to make the playoffs and it's hard making the playoffs if you lose games in the regular season because you throw a QB out there week 1 who wasn't comfortable with the offense yet
The Vikings are a QB away from the Super Bowl, and that quarterback is Joe Montana in his prime.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Well, that's for them to judge when the season is over, but the NFC is wide open for the taking. I don't blame them for taking this shot

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
the Vikings have one of the best rosters in the NFL....

If by "one of the best rosters" you mean top 15, then sure.

To me that phrasing asserts top 3 and maybe at worst top 5. That's a pretty absurd claim about Minny's roster.

NFL teams with an undeniably best roster than Minny (including players not out for the season; excluding players that are):

Arizona
Green Bay
Denver
New England
Carolina
Cinci
Seattle

Teams that I think have rosters that are even or better than Minny:
Jets
Giants
KC
Skins
Dallas
Oakland
Jags (will surprise teams this year. Will win their division)
Pitts

Bridgewater is a below average QB. Hill and Bradford are below average QBs. Their receiving core is well below average. Their RBs and line are average (unless you are nostalgic) or slightly above average. Defense is strong all around but not elite. Top 7 D unit in the league for sure. How that computes to one of the top rosters in the NFL...I don't quite understand.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
If by "one of the best rosters" you mean top 15, then sure.

To me that phrasing asserts top 3 and maybe at worst top 5. That's a pretty absurd claim about Minny's roster.

um, the Vikings are definitely in the top 10 talent-wise and more than likely close to top 5

their defense is elite and they have arguably the best running back in the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad